Omnichannel Integration Expert
Writer
Reaction score
I miss Wayne Huizenga

SilverBullet

Marlin
Instagram Curator
Reaction score
Way before Jeter was even rumored to buy this team I said be careful what you wish for... didn't think this would be so obvious not even two months into the new regime. 

97marlin

Muckdog
Reaction score
Why are we all up in arms about this! We should be thankful Stanton had the year he did, had he not we wouldn't even be able to dump the salary for prospects. We should have blown up the team last year. We aren't an aggressive enough organization to do anything clever with our sad pitching staff. We don't have any kids that are going to replace them and make us at least acceptable. Personally I relish the idea of having a farm and maybe grabbing some projects and having a rebuilding year. If come april we have a bunch of kids starting with volquez as our only veteran, and a farm with lots of guys who are intriguing as really major league talent. I'd be ecstatic. For me that would mean Jeter knows exactly what has to be done. It would be a positive sign of things to come.

Remember Loria forced some bad trades in his time. Lets see if Jeter can force some good trades.

97marlin

Muckdog
Reaction score
Volquez is out for the season.
oh....Shoot. Yeah. trade everybody. We are not gonna have a pitching staff that can support a major league competitive squad next year. We NEED to move ozuna

CYmarlins

The Andy Man Can
Reaction score
I was wary too and quite honestly preferred Mas the whole time.
I don't miss Loria at all. I wasn't crazy about Jeter but I do like most of the moves he has made so far with the exception of keeping Mike Hill around. I still can't understand that.

Speaking of Mas, I am currently watching an Undercover Boss episode he was on a couple years ago. Talks about what MasTec is and of course the reality TV side of it is great.

CYmarlins

The Andy Man Can
Reaction score
Adding more to this discussion, and I may be in the minority but I don't think this team needed to keep adding payroll. They needed to get rid of players regardless and I think the direction they are heading in is correct. You have to rebuild the farm and the best way right now is to trade off assests that are high in price.

This team used to preach and live on pitching again and again. Since 2012 they have pretty much sold of anything left of their system for mid season rentals and trying to go for it every year. They crash and burn by August and we do the same thing again. Sounds like insanity.

el_gmac

I don't like Mike Hill and Jeter
VIP
Reaction score
Adding more to this discussion, and I may be in the minority but I don't think this team needed to keep adding payroll. They needed to get rid of players regardless and I think the direction they are heading in is correct. You have to rebuild the farm and the best way right now is to trade off assests that are high in price.

This team used to preach and live on pitching again and again. Since 2012 they have pretty much sold of anything left of their system for mid season rentals and trying to go for it every year. They crash and burn by August and we do the same thing again. Sounds like insanity.
Reload and change uniforms

Dr Beinfest

Muckdog
Reaction score
Do I miss Loria? Why would I miss Loria? You mean the guy who took a championship team, wiped his ass with it, tried to move the team, and made us suffer for 14 years being the laughing stock of baseball?

At least this new regime is... new. 

SilverBullet

Marlin
Instagram Curator
Reaction score

Great post. Eventually this needed to reset. The half ass going for it and rebuilding 50-50 wasn't working. 

jsprt14

Muckdog
Reaction score
Jeter is scum...He will recoup his investment ASAP before laughing his way back to New York. F*** Derek Jeter.

Top Bottom