What's new

Social Problems... Topic help.

Hollyberry

Muckdog
Reaction score
I am doing a research paper on a Social Issue and I am totally blank on what topic I should do. Anyone have an idea?

Thanks soooo much :kiss :.

Dodge

Muckdog
Reaction score
That's a broad genre. Gay marriage is a good idea but I'd do something a little less trendy.

furcalchick

Muckdog
Reaction score
how about the potential danger of car dependent suburbs? what happens if oil prices skyrocket to 10 bucks a gallon in the near future (which i can see happening)?

or here's one...conversation of the environment. just in the last three years here, i've seen more trees and forests come down locally for housing developments which are inefficient. this does not have to touch global warming at all.

or here are some simpler ones: euthanasia, genetic engineering, big vs. small federal government.

i'll come up with more if you are still out of ideas.

OldSand

Muckdog
Reaction score
I used to have conversations with the environment in my early college days...

Juanky

Here is a fun one: Why is there traffic?

You could analyze the different traffic levels in different cities and see what the differences are. You'll probably touch on city size (both population and distance wise), public transportation system, and the system of roads. Not many cities run on grids, with even fewer (if any) doing the most efficient way of having traffic run through (having all streets be of equal importance and size rather than the artery system that is popular and dumb).

It's a question most people don't bother to think about, just complain about.

JetsMania

Muckdog
Reaction score
What about the widening gap between the rich and the poor? In alot of public schools there are kids who are failing out, whats going to happen when they start looking for a job?

furcalchick

Muckdog
Reaction score
is suburbia really the dream land of america? or is despair? compare life between living in the suburbs and city/small town life.

is the american dream gone?

are today's new developments tomorrow's slums? ex. many of the older suburbs are now places where you wouldn't be caught living.

co-ed dorms in colleges.

Hollyberry

Muckdog
Reaction score
Okay... WDYT of this topic... Cohabitation and divorice? I thought it would be an interesting topic.

Top Bottom