What's new

Some Impressive Personnel News

Mickey Mantis

Muckdog
Reaction score
This comes according to MLBTR. Pretty impressive if you ask me:
Miami has not only lured "superscout" Jeff McAvoy away from the Rays, but sources tell Jeff Passan of Yahoo! Sports that the club will add Mike Berger from the Diamondbacks in a vice president role (Twitterlinks.) This makes for a quiet but outstanding off-season, opines Passan, who notes that the organization could look quite different if owner Jeffrey Loria gives new GM Dan Jennings more authority than was afforded predecessor Admin Beinfest.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2013/11/nl-notes-guerrero-dbacks-rockies-peralta-nats-marlins.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

Eddie Altamonte

Muckdog
Reaction score
Why are the Marlins looking at Sizemore when in that same article the Nats are trying to trade Espinosa?
I know Espinosa has shown to strikeout a lot but Sizemore also strikeouts just as much, the difference is that Espinosa is a 20-20 player and Sizemore has no where near those type of stats
BTW Espinosa is younger than Sizemore

Ill tell you why...
Espinosa has a guaranteed contract
Sizemore would be signed to a minor league contract
I may be wrong but I don't think so

Very interesting. How'd I miss that?

Taking a scout from the Rays has to be a good thing. Now steal Friedman. :mischief2

Backin2008

Muckdog
Reaction score
Very interesting. How'd I miss that?

Taking a scout from the Rays has to be a good thing. Now steal Friedman. :mischief2

Getting Freidman would take a lot of money, so that isn't going to happen. He loves Tampa and has turned down jobs with better organizations than the Marlins.

pollythewog

MONEY BAG TIME
Reaction score
whoa passan said something positive about the marlins?! omgomgomgomgomgomogmg

dom2613

Muckdog
Reaction score
All good as long as Loria gives them the freedom to do their job. Maybe this is a sign he realizes he's not very good at evaluating talent and making baseball moves.

SilverBullet

Marlin
Reaction score
All good as long as Loria gives them the freedom to do their job. Maybe this is a sign he realizes he's not very good at evaluating talent and making baseball moves.

Maybe, juuuust maybe Loria will also be a little more trustworthy of Jennings over Beinfest because isn't Jennings considered "a Loria guy"?

Entendu

Basic Brian
Reaction score
Does anyone know of any accomplishments these two have had?

Does anyone know of any accomplishments these two have had?

More than whoever they are replacing probably.

Sirspud

Muckdog
Reaction score
Luring respected front office people is a start, but it will take years for these guys to replenish through the draft. I have serious doubts that they will be able to add legitimate players through FA - who would sign here that has a chance to sign elsewhere when they know the history of this ownership group shipping out anyone making above the minimum on short notice?

BroncoBob27

Muckdog
Reaction score

Maybe, juuuust maybe Loria will also be a little more trustworthy of Jennings over Beinfest because isn't Jennings considered "a Loria guy"?

Loria guy translates to Loria puppet. Too much history of him NOT letting guys do their job to have me believe it will be any different.

FutureGM

Muckdog
Reaction score
Loria fired Beinfest because he disagreed with what Loria wanted, but Dan Jennings was onboard with Loria's ideas. So I expect things to get worse, if anything...

Top Bottom