What's new

Spooney is Alright

AJBurnett34

Muckdog
Reaction score
Tim Spooneybarger is ok...the MRI turned out Normal. Lets see if he comes back soon because we need him....Beckett's rehap start was rained out tooo!

MARLINS NOTEBOOK
MRI turns up normal
Spooneybarger to return June 27
BY CLARK SPENCER
cspencer@herald.com

The official MRI report on reliever Tim Spooneybarger's right elbow: normal.

''There's not anything on me that's normal,'' Spooneybarger joked Wednesday after being told the test revealed no major damage.

Spooneybarger expects to return to the bullpen June 27, when he'll be eligible to come off the disabled list from elbow tendinitis.

''I feel 100 percent better just knowing it's not anything bad,'' Spooneybarger said. ``To see one of my best friends, A.J. [Burnett], not being able to pitch for a year and a half, it is kind of scary.''

Burnett underwent reconstructive elbow surgery at the end of April. Spooneybarger's 42 innings pitched led all National League relievers, and he said extensive use likely contributed to his setback.

''Obviously, if I had 10 innings pitched, I probably wouldn't be hurt at all,'' he said. ``But I think when something goes wrong, it's pretty easy to look back. That's just the job of a reliever.''

RAINED-OUT REHAB

Josh Beckett's scheduled rehabilitation start Wednesday with the Jupiter Hammerheads was rained out.

Beckett went on the disabled list May 9 with a sprained right elbow.

He will start the first game of a doubleheader today between the Single A Hammerheads and Brevard County Manatees.

Expected to make one more rehab start, he is tentatively scheduled to come off the DL to start June 28 in Boston.

Link

CapeFish

Muckdog
Reaction score
I posted an injury update earlier from MLB.com that said that too. It is good news. He will take a couple of days to recover from the MRI before he tosses again.

Top Bottom