Sporting News

DurableTear

Muckdog
Reaction score
Nice to see Spammer Josh try to get some national press... :mischief

Wild Card

Muckdog
Reaction score
Yea I was wondering that. Why isn't he on the forum?

Good for Josh, I've been on ESPN.com before when they did a thing about John Boles. :mischief

Link

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
Good for Josh, I've been on ESPN.com before when they did a thing about John Boles. :mischief

Link
loser

i mean....

nice job :p

Oh yeah, and the Miami Herald.

*pats self on back*

Fans weary of promises
BY JUAN C. RODRIGUEZ
jrodriguez@herald.com

Some Marlins fans said Tuesday that Jeffrey Loria should feel right at home in South Florida, considering he essentially purchased a club with a familiar set of problems.

Whether Loria's acquisition of the Marlins, completed Tuesday with the approval of baseball owners, improves the prospects of a franchise with trickling revenue streams is foremost on fans' minds. Loria will try to succeed where predecessors John Henry and Wayne Huizenga failed in securing a new ballpark.

Without one, perhaps the only way Loria will be able to distinguish between his old team and new one is the uniform.

''How I look at it is it became the Montreal Expos of the South,'' said Harold Bramson, 42, a Weston resident and season-ticket holder from 1996-01. ``He's not going to get a stadium and he's going to do the same thing to the Marlins he did to the Expos. Instead of having the Expos in Montreal, we'll have them in Florida.''

Bramson said he would likely attend more spring training games this year than regular-season games. Bramson is also leaning toward not renewing his season ticket.

''I wish Jeffrey Loria as new owner all the luck in the world,'' Bramson said. ``I hope he succeeds, but how can he get rid of one franchise he couldn't afford and buy another with baseball loaning him the money to do so? It tells me someone is moving to Washington next year. Will it be the Expos or Marlins or [a combination of] Marlins-Expos. It's a shame what baseball did after such a great World Series.''

Loria has said he wants to make baseball work in South Florida. His statements haven't quelled speculation the Marlins will move or find themselves on next season's contraction list if the ballpark issue isn't resolved.

Admin Walansky, 19, operates marlinbaseball.com, an unofficial fan website. Neither he nor many of his members believe Loria is a panacea for South Florida baseball.

''I'd be surprised if they're not out of Florida,'' said Walansky, a Brooklyn, N.Y., resident who attends Kingsborough Community College. ``[Loria] has a slight bit of chance to get a stadium because there's hope the team is closer to being a World Series contender again. Having a fresh face in there, maybe he'll be looked at in a different way. Otherwise, I don't think they'll last more than a year or two.

``I know a lot of people were upset about there not being a Fanfest. I think he needs to fill the holes the Marlins have [on the roster] to make the fans feel like maybe we should come out and see this team.

``It's always been tough to be a Marlins fan.''

AJBurnett34

Muckdog
Reaction score
He isnt on the forums no more because he was spamming alot and being rude to the Mods. He was posting every second and the boards were getting flooded :plain ....Admin gave him alot of chances but he kept on.

DurableTear

Muckdog
Reaction score
He isnt on the forums no more because he was spamming alot and being rude to the Mods. He was posting every second and the boards were getting flooded :plain ....Admin gave him alot of chances but he kept on. That's the reason he's called

SPAMMER JOSH

kinda like "Trader Jack" :mischief2

Wild Card

Muckdog
Reaction score
LOL. That's a good one... I do like his writting though...

Rune

Muckdog
Reaction score
LOL. That's a good one... I do like his writting though... What was The Purpose of this thread WildCard?

I don't see why you would care about a columnist on this site appearing on A Sporting News columm

Wild Card

Muckdog
Reaction score
I saw his name there, thought it was interesting... :rolleyes:

Is there something wrong with that? :blink:

Rune

Muckdog
Reaction score

No it just seems weird that you would post that.

I wouldn't think that you could spot a name like that.

Maxx

Chief Operating Officer
Reaction score

No it just seems weird that you would post that.

I wouldn't think that you could spot a name like that. Yeah, weird that you'd find such a random name like that out of no where.

Wild Card

Muckdog
Reaction score
I just read his column on the forum, then went to ESPN.com, then to Sportsline.com, then to FlaMarlins.com, then to SportingNews.com ( I check every website daily), read the thing (Some of my friends are Marlin Fans so we all read the names to see if we showed up) and I saw it. Thought it was interesting, so I posted it...

Thought it was interesting, so I posted it...
Nothing wrong with that, I appreciate it.

Top Bottom