What's new

Spring Training/Season Questions

Eddie Altamonte

Muckdog
Reaction score
Tough survey. I really believe Mitre will be traded but if he stays he wll be on the 25 man roster, Carroll has a good chance of making the team but Reed is a likely defensive OF replacement and will make the roster

bigdog23

Muckdog
Reaction score
lol STOKES has no chance to make the team where will he play. he only played like 65 games with a lot of strike outs get a clue people
:banghead

Reaction score
I think the people who realistically think the Marlins will finish first should identify themselves by a post.

I'm still trying to figure out if I should laugh or admire the optimism.

Reaction score
lol STOKES has no chance to make the team where will he play. he only played like 65 games with a lot of strike outs get a clue people

Well Stokes was maybe the best spring training hitter we had last year- batting .333 with 3 homers and like 7 doubles. I would love to see him make the team but with Aaron Boone he won't barring an injury. Might as well get Stokes his ABs in AAA- but if Stokes stays healthy for an entire year (asking for a lot)- he will be called up sometime this season.

poker

Muckdog
Reaction score
This presented alot of good questions. IMO I dont even know why Abercrombie is question, he needs to be sent down for a few years until he can develop.

I cant wait to see some pitching prospects in Spring Training, I'm really excited about Owens and Lindstrom.

poptart

Muckdog
Reaction score
I think the people who realistically think the Marlins will finish first should identify themselves by a post.

right here.

Reaction score

right here.

I have no problem with that....now if you think Mike Vick is a good QB, then I'll laugh.

poptart

Muckdog
Reaction score

right here.

I have no problem with that....now if you think Mike Vick is a good QB, then I'll laugh.

he should and could be a good QB... but he isn't. he's great in Madden, though :thumbup

Fish4Life

Muckdog
Reaction score
Some of these questions and polls are very close. I can't wait until ST!

:mischief

Reaction score
I'm still a little angry that this team only had 2 holes to fill in the offseason- closer and CF and they didn't fill any of them. Now closer I'm less worried about because we have many solid arms and will find someone. But CF is a serious problem.

Big_Rob

Muckdog
Reaction score

Well Stokes was maybe the best spring training hitter we had last year- batting .333 with 3 homers and like 7 doubles. I would love to see him make the team but with Aaron Boone he won't barring an injury. Might as well get Stokes his ABs in AAA- but if Stokes stays healthy for an entire year (asking for a lot)- he will be called up sometime this season.

He did have a nice spring. He flipped out when he got the news that we was getting sent down if I remember correctly. Probably cost him a call-up.

Reaction score
RESULTS..........us fans got 2 correct, 5 wrong, and 3 undecided!

1) Will Alex Sanchez be the opening day CFer?

Wrong, he is not the starter

2) Which non roster hitter has the best chance to make the team?

Wrong, it's Jason Wood, not Alex Sanchez

Which Marlin minor league hitter has the best chance to make the team?

Wrong, it's De Aza, not Andino

Which non roster pitcher has the best chance to make the team?

Wrong, it's Lee Gardner, not Felix Rodriguez (I was the one vote!)

Which Marlin minor league pitcher has the best chance to make the team?

Correct, both Owens and Lindstrom made the team!

Which Marlin hitter will NOT make the team?

Correct, Reggie Abercrombie did not make the team!

Which Marlin pitcher will NOT make the team?

Wrong, Jose Garcia did not make the team, not Randy Messenger

Who will have the better year?

Undecided, but my money is on Hanley

Who will have the better year?

Undecided

Where will the Marlins realistically finish in the NL EAST standings?

Undecided

Reaction score
Would have had better results if it weren't for the people who think a .300 batting average means everything.

My pick was Eric Reed.

However, Sanchez, Reed, and De Aza are all the same type of player and neither of them is the long term solution.

But Joe Borchard is not a CFer. He misplayed 4-5 balls easy this spring in RF.

Top Bottom