What's new

Stadium Idea?

LiLLaz#8

I found a perfect place for the marlins to make a stadium the place is the hialeah race track(were the horses race),i think this would be a perfect place for the marlins and a lot of people would come there to see games,also i think this place got closed down and the place is huge enough to make a stadium and there is also a whole lot of parking space!!!!so what do u think,any opinions or anything? :w00t :thumbup :)

CapeFish

Muckdog
Reaction score
Laz, I said that earlier. If you look at my past threads I said it. The City of Hialeah in the year 2000 voted at the polls to allow the City to build and even finance the stadium anywhere in Hialeah.

Hialeah Park has the roads, parking, and MetroRail right there. It would be perfect.

CapeFish

Muckdog
Reaction score
Sure. I like to have a thread on stadium issues always going so we have the latest info.

Hialeah Park has all the flamingos, they would have to leave the old park alone and build on a big parking/empty lot there.

I'm sure MLB's planners have seen Hialeah Park and the 2000 election results allowing it to be placed on a list of sites for the report due next month.

CapeFish

Muckdog
Reaction score
Hialeah Park is huge! It has more parking lot space than the old racetrack spcae takes so they could build the ballpark in an old parking lot or dirt parking lot.

LiLLaz#8

It would be perfect for me it is about 5 minutes from my house.

The Marlin Man

Muckdog
Reaction score
this would be pretty damn sweet, we just need a stadium anywhere, one with a retractable roof so people dont get scared off by rain, i wonder how feasable this hialeah thing is though, and if the FO would even want to build there

LiLLaz#8

this would be pretty damn sweet, we just need a stadium anywhere, one with a retractable roof so people dont get scared off by rain, i wonder how feasable this hialeah thing is though, and if the FO would even want to build there
i'm just curious wat does FO mean?

CapeFish

Muckdog
Reaction score
Sorry, the Mapquest won't let me link.

Here is Hialeah Park's Address.

2200 W 4th Ave
Hialeah, FL
33010-1420, US

Marlins2003

Muckdog
Reaction score
While I can see value in the Hialeah race track site - it is truly an enormous tract of land and the administration in Hialeah wants to make it happen, the fact is the roadway system in Hialeah is horrendous.
Coming from Coral Gables (south) and thereabouts would be easy for sure, but arriving from the north (i.e., North Dade and Broward,etc.) and west is just god awful. The Palmetto is stall and crawl all day and night, there is no easy way to get to the site from those directions. To get there from 95 requires using 112 and then north on a local artery.

Even though its reasonably close by for me (Miami Beach) for most fans, it's too out of the way.

CapeFish

Muckdog
Reaction score
Marlins2003,

The Hialeah area could locally support the team along with surroungding parts of Dade. If you build the ballpark anywhere in Dade County not near the line-Broward fans will be commuter fans. There is a MetroRail Line there and MetroRail will be expanded by the time a new ballpark would be built. I lived in Broward and went to Hialeah PArk frequently. The drive on US 27 wasn't as bad as the Palmetto.

CapeFish

Muckdog
Reaction score
Sorry, Mapquest won't let me link. Here is the BOB's address.
401 E Jefferson St
Phoenix, AZ
85004-2438, US

Tiny compared to the 1 + mi. Long Racetrack

MarlinLover2003

Muckdog
Reaction score
I think it is great. Hey, LilLaz#8 Why don't you send a letter to the FO. Tell about that place. Maybe they'll check it out or something. :thumbup

LiLLaz#8

how can we send this to the loria so he can check this place out?

CapeFish

Muckdog
Reaction score
The ballpark could take up the Parking Lot just north of the racetrack on the map.

Top Bottom