What's new

Stadium stuff From start Of Season

CapeFish

Muckdog
Reaction score
At the start of the season when the fish hired the two ad agencies, MLB and the Fish commisioned two studies to be done.
1-How to make PRO PLAYER better for baseball.
2-Potential Sites and sources of revenue for a new facility in SoFLA.

These are due by the All-star Break. Has anyone heard any more news or even remember these? They kept it hush hush, and MLB had two panels to do each study.

MarlinLover2003

Muckdog
Reaction score
O.K. I really don't know how we will end the first half of the season, But I hope we have enough heart and talent to end the first half over the .500 mark.

I HAVE FAITH THOUGH!

CapeFish

Muckdog
Reaction score
Where did that come from? I think you have the wrong thread MarlinLover2003, but welcome to the board as I see it is your first post. :)

Wild Card

Muckdog
Reaction score
I heard about them. I was excited when I heard about them, especially when I heard their backrounds. They helped the Indians get their stadium, and they got the Cavs their new arena (which proves winning doesn't matter, lol).

CapeFish

Muckdog
Reaction score
I hope it works. We need a stadium, no matter if it's in stiltsville.

Wild Card

Muckdog
Reaction score
No, you need to build the stadium where the people are willing to go. What good is a new stadium if nobody goes to it. That's what will happen if we build it in the middle of nowhere. But you're right, we just need a stadium so we can stay around for the next 30 years.

I think the best spots for the stadium would be in the Bicentenial Park or whatever, right next to the water, or in downtown Ft. Lauderdale, so it would ve more in between all of its fans, that are mostly in dade and Palm Beach, plus obviously Broward, where the stadium would be.

CapeFish

Muckdog
Reaction score
I think the parcel of land on the Turnpike and US 27 (Okeechobee Road) Exit where the cows graze is best. Metro rail will expand by there because of the PTP. Metrorail will have a new addition that will follow the Turnpike extension from the golden glades to US 1 in florida city. US 27 can have you in palm beach in about 1 hour, broward in 30 minutes. (i used to live in broward and used this rout to get to palm beach, dade and pro player, it works) It is also just miles from pro player, but available for development of a ballpark village like in san diego. Downtown might be too developed for it too built there cheaply. Most fans live in hialeah, pembroke pines, hollywood, weston, south dade, kendall, and other suburbs, not the city center down there.

CapeFish

Muckdog
Reaction score
by the way, the new palmetto/medley station is less than 5 miles away so you can have a shuttle to the park until the new metro line is built! Driving to the park would be easy because you have plenty of roads that have been expanded.

DurableTear

Muckdog
Reaction score
If it was on US 27 it would be great... little traffic to no traffic...

CapeFish

Muckdog
Reaction score
It would be like the Panther arena was a few years back. NICE, CLOSE, AND FREE FROM CLUTTER! Perfect for development of the Marlins Ballpark and Marlins Mills Mall (When Henry owned fish mills corp. owners of sawgrass mills made that offer, he turned down b/c not enough for him to get-henry is such a loser!)

DurableTear

Muckdog
Reaction score
It would also be great for me to go down to watch a game... after you pass Sebring there is no traffic on US 27 until you get to the I-75 interchange in Broward

CapeFish

Muckdog
Reaction score
For me in Fort Myers I take Palm Beach Blvd. to US 27 in South Bay and take it stright down to the Ballpark about 2 hours 15 min and about 158 miles or so. Perfect drive of florida's natural farm lands.

Hotcorner

Muckdog
Reaction score
I've even heard whispers about a location near the Miami Arena lately.

Honestly I don't know what's the problem with the current location. There are almost no traffic problems getting in and out of the stadium, it's right off the turnpike, and it's in a good central location for the entire tri-county area. If it's in south dade, then no one from broward or palm beach will make the trip. I don't think the fan base is necessarily in south dade.

I do agree that a metrorail attachment to a new stadium would be a good thing. Isn't most of this metrorail expansion talk still just a proposal?

DurableTear

Muckdog
Reaction score
For me in Fort Myers I take Palm Beach Blvd. to US 27 in South Bay and take it stright down to the Ballpark about 2 hours 15 min and about 158 miles or so. Perfect drive of florida's natural farm lands.
Ahh... State Road 80 (Palm Beach Blvd.)... so you go through La Belle and Clewiston...

Wild Card

Muckdog
Reaction score
As long as the they get a stadium, I am happy. I would be happier if it were in a succeesful location, but I would deal...

CapeFish

Muckdog
Reaction score
Us 27 and the Turnpike isn't in south dade, it's about five miles southwest of Pro Player. IT is easy for the tricounty area because us 27 reaches the hearts of all three counties easily. The turnpike reaches the other side of the heart of the three counties. Look at the dade county transit map above.

DurableTear

Muckdog
Reaction score
Us 27 and the Turnpike isn't in south dade, it's about five miles southwest of Pro Player. IT is easy for the tricounty area because us 27 reaches the hearts of all three counties easily. The turnpike reaches the other side of the heart of the three counties. Look at the dade county transit map above.
Turnpike doesn't reach South Dade? Doesn't it end at Florida City...

Top Bottom