What's new

Stanton traded to Yankees for Castro, Guzman and Devers

el_gmac

I don't like Mike Hill and Jeter
VIP
Reaction score
I say Giants n Cards have a better chance and Cards have much better prospects than the Giants but the Giants have much more money than the Cards 

Bret Hart

No.1 Korean Fish Fan
Reaction score
Bald Eagle said:
I think he ends up in Boston. Their answer for Judge.
BoSox's farm looked exhausted, especially a lack of good pitching prospects. I think Red Sox won't get a chance.

Marlino

Muckdog
Reaction score
Stanton has the final say. He is a big city/market guy Thus, most prob. no to St. Lui.

SonOfJack

el gringo loco
Reaction score
Talks with Boston heating up according to Clark Spencer.

Michael

Jumbo Shrimp
VIP
Reaction score
Get their top 5 while they pay the entire contract and call it a day.

SilverBullet

Wind Surge
Reaction score
I wonder at what point do they get an idea of whether Stanton would waive his no trade clause or not. Like if they say talks are heating up with Boston does that mean Stanton has already said he'd agree to go there? Because talks are heating up could mean nothing if Stanton hasn't agreed yet. 

SonOfJack

el gringo loco
Reaction score
I wonder at what point do they get an idea of whether Stanton would waive his no trade clause or not. Like if they say talks are heating up with Boston does that mean Stanton has already said he'd agree to go there? Because talks are heating up could mean nothing if Stanton hasn't agreed yet. 
I think normally they don't ask the player for permission until after a deal is agreed to between the teams. Seems dumb to me though. Wasting time if for instance he would say no to the Cards and is 100 percent sure.

SilverBullet

Wind Surge
Reaction score
I think normally they don't ask the player for permission until after a deal is agreed to between the teams. Seems dumb to me though. Wasting time if for instance he would say no to the Cards and is 100 percent sure.
This is the way I see it too. The proper steps in terms of the business side of it is probably to work out the trade details and then ask the player but these are human beings, they could save a shitload of time by just asking Stanton straight up which teams he's willing to go to or which teams he'd flat out never agree to. 

Michael

Jumbo Shrimp
VIP
Reaction score
This is the way I see it too. The proper steps in terms of the business side of it is probably to work out the trade details and then ask the player but these are human beings, they could save a shitload of time by just asking Stanton straight up which teams he's willing to go to or which teams he'd flat out never agree to. 
"Giancarlo, are you willing to play for the North Nebraska Little League Squad? Lots of potential there."

"I could probably hit a lot of home runs there ..."

fish20

Muckdog
Reaction score
If we can get Devers/Benintendi, Eduardo Rodriguez, and a prospect for Stanton, which i think is definitely a good possibility, our rebuild will be looking incredible by the end of the offseason when you take into account the huge haul Ozuna is gonna get us.  Straily too should get us a nice package of prospects too.   Bour possible as well.  Im telling you this rebuild is gonna look really positive by the end of this offseason.

DTrain

LumberKing
Reaction score
If we can get Devers/Benintendi, Eduardo Rodriguez, and a prospect for Stanton, which i think is definitely a good possibility, our rebuild will be looking incredible by the end of the offseason when you take into account the huge haul Ozuna is gonna get us.  Straily too should get us a nice package of prospects too.   Bour possible as well.  Im telling you this rebuild is gonna look really positive by the end of this offseason.
I mean it’s almost safe to say that if we get a Devers/Bennie for Stanton and a haul for Ozuna that a CHAMPIONSHIP will be in our sights by, what, 2019?

taiwanmarlin

LumberKing
Reaction score
You know what !? if you couldn't win with  the FA signing than you couldn't win with the core player trading,too…

SilverBullet

Wind Surge
Reaction score
have no idea what that even means.
He's trying to say that if going after free agents here didn't work (like Chen and Volquez) then trading away core players for prospects clearly won't work either so why bother even trying it, why should we keep following the team, and the best solution would be to just contract the Marlins and allow the A's to move into Marlins Park instead. 

taiwanmarlin = the most logical and rational member of these forums 

fish20

Muckdog
Reaction score
He's trying to say that if going after free agents here didn't work (like Chen and Volquez) then trading away core players for prospects clearly won't work either so why bother even trying it, why should we keep following the team, and the best solution would be to just contract the Marlins and allow the A's to move into Marlins Park instead. 

taiwanmarlin = the most logical and rational member of these forums 
lol that makes no sense nor is there any relationship between going after trade pieces versus signing players.  Free agency is the worst way to spend money in baseball.

Latest posts

Top Bottom