What's new

Stanton will come out of this horrific slump on this road trip

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

Vince0926

I believe Stanton gets 25 more hits the rest of the season.

marlins_09

Muckdog
Reaction score
Stanton actually hit a couple hard smashes to the SS. First one was a real nice play to take away a hit and the second one was right at him.
Yeah it was actually pretty awesome hearing the difference of the sound off the bat in those at bats compared to everyone else 

CYmarlins

The Andy Man Can
Reaction score
To me, a slump is 3 weeks to a month at max. After that, something is going on. You have some of the best hitting coaches in the world, all the video analysis you could want, and full access to batting cages, BP throwers etc. Figure it out.
Definitely something mental. Has Barry been doing any other work with Stanton besides the tracking of pitches a couple home stands ago?

I'd say screw it and have him step in and right this ship with him already.

marlins_09

Muckdog
Reaction score
Definitely something mental. Has Barry been doing any other work with Stanton besides the tracking of pitches a couple home stands ago?

I'd say screw it and have him step in and right this ship with him already.
It's definitely very mental, but there are some fundamental things wrong for sure. I'm not going to act like I know exactly what they are, as it's hard to tell without slow motion from a side angle unless it's glaring. One thing for sure is he is way too far from the plate which is very telling about his approach. When he's off the plate, he is vulnerable to the outside fastball, which sets up the slider away. If he's on the plate, he can sit on the inside fastball and get his hips cleared as that's the only option pitchers will really have. 

V

Vince0926

It honestly wouldn't surprise me if he paid nolasco for 2 hits today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom