What's new

Stanton will come out of this horrific slump on this road trip

Status
Not open for further replies.

DTrain

LumberKing
Reaction score
 but the majority here know that Stanton is streaky. 
No no no no.

They may say they know that Stanton is streaky but they don't actually understand. 

DTrain

LumberKing
Reaction score
If people here understand that Stanton is streaky and that he'll end up with an OPS north of .900 then WHAT ARE THEY MOANING ABOUT night after night?  I mean, I get being frustrated but calling for his head every night is out of line. 

Shitty fans turn their backs on their players when they have major struggles. 

DTrain

LumberKing
Reaction score
Two hits tonight is a good start toward ending The Horror.

The first pitch in his last AB was outside but was called a strike. Changed the entire dynamic of the rest of the AB.  

V

Vince0926

The first pitch in his last AB was outside but was called a strike. Changed the entire dynamic of the rest of the AB.  
yeah i'll bet.

V

Vince0926

told you all already he's overrated.

but don't worry guys. he will be back to OPS'ing .900 or whatever bullshit you guys like to say. june 8th is just another day closer to the end of the season in my eyes and I don't see it.

DTrain

LumberKing
Reaction score
I know you were disappointed that Stanton had 2 hits, Vince. 2 more than you were rooting for. Get some rest and wake up fresh for some more Stanton Hatin tomorrow!

V

Vince0926

I know you were disappointed that Stanton had 2 hits, Vince. 2 more than you were rooting for. Get some rest and wake up fresh for some more Stanton Hatin tomorrow!
I wish he hit a 2 run homer in the 9th. but another flail like the good old days of yesterday and the previous 5 years.

taiwanmarlin

Hammerhead
Reaction score

Yeah,blame the home umpire.

taiwanmarlin

Hammerhead
Reaction score
I wish he hit a 2 run homer in the 9th. but another flail like the good old days of yesterday and the previous 5 years.
Yes,I hope so,too,but I just know he would be SO to end the game.                                                      Vince,do you think Stanton would be figured out the pitch he swing and miss every time in his life ?

canada-marlin24

Muckdog
Reaction score
I will subject myself to a day of uncontrollable diarrhea just to get Stanton to move up in the box. 

Just look at what it's done for Ozuna's ability to foul off pitches and lay off the outside slider. The answer could be right in front of him yet we see no changes.

if the ball isn't exactly in his hitting zone, he doesn't make contact. 

Michael

Jumbo Shrimp
VIP
Reaction score
You guys think, outside of what's already been mentioned, that there might be something going on in G's personal life that could be affecting his performance? Like maybe his father is sick or something. Has his father been to a game this season to anyone's recollection?

SilverBullet

Marlin
Reaction score
You guys think, outside of what's already been mentioned, that there might be something going on in G's personal life that could be affecting his performance? Like maybe his father is sick or something. Has his father been to a game this season to anyone's recollection?
I've been waiting for weeks for Stanton to suddenly make some sad announcement. It kinda feels like that kind of slump already where he suddenly backtracks and is like "oh yeah forgot to mention that lately I've been dealing with...."

CYmarlins

The Andy Man Can
Reaction score
If his dad doesn't show up to the Padres game then I would say something of that nature might be it. Usually you will see him on West Coast games but yeah I don't think I saw him in the Dodgers series. Least I can't remember.

The second to last swing looked like he tweaked something, not sure.

SongInTheAir

Hammerhead
Reaction score
He was at the games in LA, so it's not anything about his dad unless it's very recent. 

V

Vince0926

Yes,I hope so,too,but I just know he would be SO to end the game.                                                      Vince,do you think Stanton would be figured out the pitch he swing and miss every time in his life ?
I don't know. It's quite sad. If there was something personal however if wish the team would help deal with it sooner

Schnellders

Muckdog
Reaction score
Does anyone have a comparative picture of his stance in the batters box between his 2 week mashing streak earlier this season and his recent slump?

SilverBullet

Marlin
Reaction score
Maybe his Dad just stopped showing up to games because he thinks Stanton sucks now too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom