What's new

State of the Marlins......

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
after 33 games, record: 15-18

currently 5 games out of 1st(Braves still playing)

The pitching is in shambles but help seems to be on the way of Dontrelle Willis.......
--Josh Beckett looks to be turning the corner..
--Brad Penny has been pitching well, but not lights out....it's time for a really well pitched game
--Carl Pavano has pitched well......except when he pitched on 2 days rest
--Mike Tejera had a promising start today
--DW is on the way, let's hope he has a good start Friday and beyond because alot of people will have an eye on him

The hitting has hurt us.....
--Pierre went 4/4 today but was sucking big time before that
--Castillo is......well Castillo...
--Pudge hasnt hit with the power/clutchness we expect but he will turn it around
--Mike Lowell has been on a tear, even his outs are crushed
--Derrek Lee has sucked....he is so unclutch right now it makes me sick....
--Sea Bass has been unreal this year, the team's MVP.....he should move into the 6 hole in the lineup
--Hollandsworth has sucked.....but it seems that when he hits the ball, good things happen....Robinson needs to keep working with him

The bullpen has been better since Nunez and Neal left....

The bench:
--Gerald Williams needs to go babysit his grandkids, not swing and miss on 95mph fastballs
--Brian Banks gets no ab's but has the 'knack' for being clutch
--Mike Redmond is awesome
--Ramon Castro, in limited abs, has been good too
Fox and Mordecai have both been playing well.....

The Managing:
--Not much to say here....when we win, Torborg has nothing to do with it.....when we lose, he has everything to do with it

So my question is, can the Fish turn this sinking ship around......????

MarlinMan

Muckdog
Reaction score
Simply put...no! Your positives spins are quite frankly, well, garbage. A realisitic spin is our team depended on our big three in pitching, a new improved bullpen and better hitting with RISP.

AJ Burnett, the biggest of the big 3 is done for a year, maybe two.

Our bullpen, with the exception of Armando Almanza and Braden Looper, has been absolutely AWFUL. Spooney, after his fast start, has a nice big 6 ERA. Great!

And last but not least, our RISP has not improved to the point where it needs to be. Yes it is early, but our best hitter has been Alex Gonzalez who will likely come back to earth and by the time other get on track, if they ever do, we will be too far out to make our move.

The ship is sinking fast, oh how fast the ship is sinking!

Marlins4lyf

Muckdog
Reaction score
after 33 games, record: 15-18

currently 5 games out of 1st(Braves still playing)

The pitching is in shambles but help seems to be on the way of Dontrelle Willis.......
--Josh Beckett looks to be turning the corner..
--Brad Penny has been pitching well, but not lights out....it's time for a really well pitched game
--Carl Pavano has pitched well......except when he pitched on 2 days rest
--Mike Tejera had a promising start today
--DW is on the way, let's hope he has a good start Friday and beyond because alot of people will have an eye on him

The hitting has hurt us.....
--Pierre went 4/4 today but was sucking big time before that
--Castillo is......well Castillo...
--Pudge hasnt hit with the power/clutchness we expect but he will turn it around
--Mike Lowell has been on a tear, even his outs are crushed
--Derrek Lee has sucked....he is so unclutch right now it makes me sick....
--Sea Bass has been unreal this year, the team's MVP.....he should move into the 6 hole in the lineup
--Hollandsworth has sucked.....but it seems that when he hits the ball, good things happen....Robinson needs to keep working with him

The bullpen has been better since Nunez and Neal left....

The bench:
--Gerald Williams needs to go babysit his grandkids, not swing and miss on 95mph fastballs
--Brian Banks gets no ab's but has the 'knack' for being clutch
--Mike Redmond is awesome
--Ramon Castro, in limited abs, has been good too
Fox and Mordecai have both been playing well.....

The Managing:
--Not much to say here....when we win, Torborg has nothing to do with it.....when we lose, he has everything to do with it

So my question is, can the Fish turn this sinking ship around......????
yes they can Marlins ganna go 11-4 in next 15 games

DurableTear

Muckdog
Reaction score
Simply put...no! Your positives spins are quite frankly, well, garbage. A realisitic spin is our team depended on our big three in pitching, a new improved bullpen and better hitting with RISP.

AJ Burnett, the biggest of the big 3 is done for a year, maybe two.

Our bullpen, with the exception of Armando Almanza and Braden Looper, has been absolutely AWFUL. Spooney, after his fast start, has a nice big 6 ERA. Great!

And last but not least, our RISP has not improved to the point where it needs to be. Yes it is early, but our best hitter has been Alex Gonzalez who will likely come back to earth and by the time other get on track, if they ever do, we will be too far out to make our move.

The ship is sinking fast, oh how fast the ship is sinking!
wow.. you make the ship sink faster..

The Marlins can turn it around.. they just need to do it together... and the only one who can keep a team together is a manager, a real manager.. Torforg aian't a manager.. he's a retard in a Marlins' uniform...

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
IMO dont think I had that many positive spins.....

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Reaction score
what the hell....

Ramp

are you turning BAMA on me?

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
i think this team can contend......

but they havent shown me much this year....

we need to have one of those games where the flood gates open and everyone gets in on the act.....

right now, we deserve to be in the place we are at.......

CyggyMarlin

Here For The Plan
Reaction score
I agree, I do not think it is wrong to expect more out of this team despite losing AJ and Redman...The ability is there, the potential is there (potential - a word I will admit I am sick of using), they need to believe in themselves...They have underachieved, there is no drive, no spark, no intensity...

and they need a NEW MANAGER...its sad when the old fart costs the team games and he doesn't even take the field to play in any of them

Top Bottom