What's new

Statement game coming up

Iowa

Muckdog
Reaction score
We need our pitchers to get in to the grove where they challenge each other with every start, trying to out dual one another.. Hopefully this is the start of it for Anibal. A win tomorrow sends a message to baseball and gives our guys a whole lot of confidence coming home.

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
I see no reason why baseball would be paying attention to us if we sweep the struggling Mets

most are paying attention to the Braves, Dodgers and Brewers

this isn't me being a debbie downer, but I think you are overhyping what people actually think of us

Iowa

Muckdog
Reaction score
You know what, i take it back. I really dont care about sending a message to baseball as much as this is a challenge to the team.

I'm usually not one who gets in to "big games" this early in the season but this is the 2nd one already this year that I've felt will do big things for our teams confidence, the first being our last game with the Braves. After this, heading in to a 7 game stretch at home followed by a a very sexy looking 10 game road trip.. I dunno, i just perceive this game as being a big one for the teams immediate confidence. I might be over analyzing this facet but whatever... i just think a team this young thrives on momentum.

peteyrave

Muckdog
Reaction score
I believe sweeping this series is a small step towards taking over this division.

louiecastillo1

Muckdog
Reaction score
I just want them to get above .500 today. I don't care if they're playing the mets
or the D-rays, just win!

BroncoBob27

Muckdog
Reaction score
I think the first 2 games of this series already has sent a message, but to our starters. When you throw strikes good things happen.

Real_Teal

Muckdog
Reaction score
I see no reason why baseball would be paying attention to us if we sweep the struggling Mets

most are paying attention to the Braves, Dodgers and Brewers

this isn't me being a debbie downer, but I think you are overhyping what people actually think of us

I agree. The NY papers don't even pay that much attention to the Mets period, and they are 1/2 game out of first. The headlines up there today are the Yankees and the almost no-hitter. The Yanks are in last BTW.

Alex22

Muckdog
Reaction score
I don't really care if we send a message to the baseball world. I do want to send a message to the Mets though. One that says 'see we can beat you' after that horrible series we had against them.

JonDigital

Muckdog
Reaction score
LOL. Josh Willingham 5 RBI game and all the ESPN guys can talk about is how David Wright finally pulled his head out of his ass this season. I really don't think a 3 game sweep is going to interrupt Steve Phillips from orally satisfying the Mets.

anotherrealfan

Muckdog
Reaction score
LOL. Josh Willingham 5 RBI game and all the ESPN guys can talk about is how David Wright finally pulled his head out of his ass this season. I really don't think a 3 game sweep is going to interrupt Steve Phillips from orally satisfying the Mets.
Yea, hard not to notice the bias. And BBTN had a lengthy piece about the young pitching stars for the future, primarily focusing on the New York kids-Pelfrey and Hughes. They also had a piece on unique pitching deliveries, showing various player, Arroyo and El Duque and a few others, showing El Duque's high leg kick andhow he tucks his shoulder. I would think that maybe D-Train might have warranted a mention.

Best thing for us is to get JJ healthy, have the solid rotation we look forward to and have these guys start running off quality starts consistently. You really have to feel good thinking about that. Our staff is starting to look better and better and the bullpen, so far, has been solid. Oh, I hear Julio pulled a toe muscle-wishful thinking.

TSwift25

Muckdog
Reaction score
There's no such thing as a national statement game until August.

For us, this is a big big game as we're heading home. To sweep on get away day could give us the kind of momentum we need to keep pace.

Top Bottom