What's new

Strange new pitching motion

strandedx02

Muckdog
Reaction score
I found this article on Yahoo about Mike Marshall, 1974 NL Cy Young winner who is running some camp out in Zephyrhills teaching this radical delivery that is designed to completely get rid of arm injuries and make for better breaking pitches. He's apparently the guy who suggested exercises for Tommy John after his surgery that helped him continue his career. Interesting stuff and definitely watch the video to see these pitches.

Outside pitch

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Reaction score
Mike Marshall is a guy that is either loved or hated in baseball circles.

After his career he has gone on to have a very successful medical career and has been preaching a number of theories related to baseball, pitching and arm related injuries.

He was one of the many who said Prior was doomed for injury due to his mechanics.

MarlinFan10

Muckdog
Reaction score
Hopefully someone can help keep these young pitchers healthy because it seems young studs are dropping like flies nowadays.

The_Godfather

Muckdog
Reaction score
That was a really neat article. It would be interesting if they could take a 16 year old pitcher who is throwing maybe 85 or so and has good size/athleticism and so what they could turn him into...

SongInTheAir

Jumbo Shrimp
Writer
Reaction score
that delivery doesnt seem to hide the ball very well, thats the only problem i see with it though.

FutureGM

Muckdog
Reaction score
Yeah, unfortunately he still won't sign autographs.

Sirspud

Muckdog
Reaction score
Yeah, unfortunately he still won't sign autographs.

That must be a new method for avoiding blisters.

TSwift25

Muckdog
Reaction score
Maybe it's just that it's so different, but it looks like the pitcher balks every time and it seems to me that it would be impossible for a pitcher to work from the stretch in that windup.

Reaction score
I have had a lot of shoulder problems, having a go, this action is pain free, though as TSwift says can't see how you would hide the ball etc.

Top Bottom