What's new

Strikeouts and our Offense

anthony210

Muckdog
Reaction score
I really believe that the reason we are not in first place or at the very least 2nd place this season has nothing to do with pitching or managing decisions.

I believe its more a product of our league leading strikeouts. Is our hitting coach doing his job? Yea we get a lot of HRs and doubles but usually they are solo HRs or 2 out doubles that turn into nothing. Our offense is so inconsistent I dont understand it. One game we score 10 runs, the next we strikeout 30 times, leave 15 runners on base and score 0 runs.

We strikeout a lot less = we win more ballgames.

Dodge

Muckdog
Reaction score
How many innings would you have to play to strike out 30 times in a game? :lol

bobbob1313

Muckdog
Reaction score
10 if you struck out every single time you were up to bat.

The_Godfather

Muckdog
Reaction score
10 if you struck out every single time you were up to bat.

Well you can do it in 9 innings because technically not every strikeout is an out. :p

Marlins2003

Muckdog
Reaction score
The guy has five posts...he's not allowed to speak in the figurative sense??? Sheesh...and from a Mod too. :thumbdown

Dodge

Muckdog
Reaction score
Gentlemen, meet the laughing face.

:lol

costabear

Muckdog
Reaction score
Our biggest problems this year have been injuries and defense...if the guys get healthy and stay relatively healthy, and they play better defense, we can contend for the WC despite the K's imo.

CyggyMarlin

Here For The Plan
Reaction score
Our biggest problems this year have been injuries and defense...if the guys get healthy and stay relatively healthy, and they play better defense, we can contend for the WC despite the K's imo.

I'd set getting past .500 as a goal first before worrying about the WC...

TheDon

Muckdog
Reaction score
The Wild Card. Gentleman meet the cousin of the laughing face:

:lolup

CyggyMarlin

Here For The Plan
Reaction score

I seriously hope your comment was not aimed at me.

TheDon

Muckdog
Reaction score

It was not. I was more so agreeing with you if anything.

Jonny Ramos

Muckdog
Reaction score
Im sorry to say this... but the reason why we didn't win this game today was because of the 3rd spot (hanley).

On the other hand, you might say... yeah but we have a winning record with hanley batting 3rd... well, let me just say this; The reason why we won those game was not because of hanley batting 3rd, but the reason why we lost today was because of hanley batting third.

i don't know if u guys get me.

Marlins2003

Muckdog
Reaction score
Im sorry to say this... but the reason why we didn't win this game today was because of the 3rd spot (hanley).

On the other hand, you might say... yeah but we have a winning record with hanley batting 3rd... well, let me just say this; The reason why we won those game was not because of hanley batting 3rd, but the reason why we lost today was because of hanley batting third.

I don't know how you can blame Hanley's place in the lineup for his inability to hit w/ RISP or whatever you want to call it.

He couldn't do it when he was hitting first, he hasn't done it hitting third with Miguel Cabrera standing in the on-deck circle as protection (sheesh, how much more protection can a guy get?). Uggla and Amezaga did their jobs. If everyone feels the obligation to blame everyone but the guy who didn't come through so be it but we lost this game as much because Ramirez and Cabrera struck out five times between them as anything. Miggy was culpable as well.

You want to move Hanley back and Amezaga into the two hole, fine, and have Uggla hit fourth or fifth. Okay with me, but at least be objective about what happened today. Ramirez was the only guy in the starting lineup without a hit and I submit it wouldn't have mattered if he was hitting first or third or seventh - he isn't swinging the bat well or making consistent contact - he's been through this before (wasn't he once last season something like 0 or 1 for 30 ??? when he slumped and he still came back and was just gangbusters down the stretch) and in my mind if you can't hit what's offered with Miggy coming up behind you, it's you're problem and no one elses.

This too shall pass. he's too good a hitter not to. We were having a similar concern for Uggla three weeks ago and he came out of it. Ramirez will too. If tomorrow he's back leading off, okay, but if he's not better baseball minds than ours have determined it's whats best for the team and I'll go with it.

pierremvp1

Muckdog
Reaction score

I get you :blink: ....but I think the reason we didn't win today is because we scored zero runs.

Jonny Ramos

Muckdog
Reaction score

I don't know how you can blame Hanley's place in the lineup for his inability to hit w/ RISP or whatever you want to call it.

He couldn't do it when he was hitting first, he hasn't done it hitting third with Miguel Cabrera standing in the on-deck circle as protection (sheesh, how much more protection can a guy get?). Uggla and Amezaga did their jobs. If everyone feels the obligation to blame everyone but the guy who didn't come through so be it but we lost this game as much because Ramirez and Cabrera struck out five times between them as anything. Miggy was culpable as well.

You want to move Hanley back and Amezaga into the two hole, fine, and have Uggla hit fourth or fifth. Okay with me, but at least be objective about what happened today. Ramirez was the only guy in the starting lineup without a hit and I submit it wouldn't have mattered if he was hitting first or third or seventh - he isn't swinging the bat well or making consistent contact - he's been through this before (wasn't he once last season something like 0 or 1 for 30 ??? when he slumped and he still came back and was just gangbusters down the stretch) and in my mind if you can't hit what's offered with Miggy coming up behind you, it's you're problem and no one elses.

This too shall pass. he's too good a hitter not to. We were having a similar concern for Uggla three weeks ago and he came out of it. Ramirez will too. If tomorrow he's back leading off, okay, but if he's not better baseball minds than ours have determined it's whats best for the team and I'll go with it.

I get you :blink: ....but I think the reason we didn't win today is because we scored zero runs.

yeah you guys are right, i was just upset at this game. :banghead

CyggyMarlin

Here For The Plan
Reaction score

It was not. I was more so agreeing with you if anything.

No problem. The arrow pointing up and the laughing icon threw me.

Top Bottom