What's new

Study Abroad

Lefty

Muckdog
Reaction score
So the date creeps ever closer, and I find myself unable to focus on my current classes. I mean, how can I with all this pent up anticipation and anxiety!?

May 3rd I leave Miami, May 4th I arrive in Valencia, and then let the European Sex Odyssey begin!

Just had Orientation today and realized for the first time that there is definitely AT LEAST a 4-1 female/male ratio. It's going to be ridiculous and phenomenal. I'll be posting pictures on facebook but I definitely want to keep you all updated as well so I'll try to put together some sort of linkable scrapbook detailing my excursions and experiences.

I've really never been more high on life than I am now. I have the past behind me, and this 3 month journey is going to help me start over, in essence. I've heard nothing but great things about the program, and I look forward to exploring every nook and cranny possible in Europa (and north Africa!). By the way, if you have any suggestions about 'must see' spots anywhere on the continent, please let me know. I am taking advice and ideas from EVERYONE so that I can maximize the fun.

And now, explain to me how I'm supposed to concentrate on studying for the next month when all I can think about is 90 days of carefree, fergilicious euphoria?

CapeFish

Muckdog
Reaction score
:mischief Another fine Capital Milestone offered by the Florida State University. The female-to-male ratio of anything is always in a guy's favor.

Enjoy your summer in Espana! Make sure to not fail your current classes though. That would be bad. :lol

Flamarlins3

Muckdog
Reaction score
That's going to be a blast

A couple of my friends studied over in Spain for a semester and absolutely loved it

Go to as many places as you can. Prague definitely being one of them.

For some reason I thought you were graduating this year?

HelmsE

Muckdog
Reaction score
Congrats man, you're going to have a blast. In my opinion the top places to visit in Europe are (in no particular order): Perugia, Italy; Sicily, Italy; Croatia; Krakow, Poland; Prague; Budapest. Since you're going to be there in the summer the large cities will be crowded as hell but still worth seeing. If you're planning on traveling in Italy at all let me know and I can give you some more in-depth suggestions as I studied there for half a year and traveled throughout the whole country.

Dodge

Muckdog
Reaction score
Dude Facebook me so I can see the pics when you go.

Kenneth Douglas @ JMU.

JetsMania

Muckdog
Reaction score
Check out these sites

www.vueling.com

That has cheap flights within spain. I did Madrid to Barcelona for 20 euros one way last year. They also fly to Lisbon, Paris, Rome, Amsterdam, and a few others. Lisbon to Madrid was 15 euros when I did it.

Also www.easyjet.com has flights from madrid down to Morrocco, for very cheap maybe 80 or so round trip!

www.ryanair.com has direct flights from valenica to about 10 places.

When do you come back? You should try and go to that giant tomatoe fight they have, I believe its near valencia. Its one of the last weeks of august.

Lefty

Muckdog
Reaction score
That's going to be a blast

A couple of my friends studied over in Spain for a semester and absolutely loved it

Go to as many places as you can. Prague definitely being one of them.

For some reason I thought you were graduating this year?
I actually thought the same thing! But credits didnt add up, and when I transferred to FSU some of the classes didn't transition with me (and FSU has more core requirements anyway). I'm not complaining though, an extra year at FSU is just what the doctor ordered.

The_Godfather

Muckdog
Reaction score
Bang lots and lots and lots of European chicks. Bang at least a dozen,or else you don't graduate.

Lefty

Muckdog
Reaction score
go join the hoards of American students who make America look bad abroad
hey you don't know me. No reason to stereotype.

And for whatever it's worth, a trip along South Beach will find 'hordes' of foreigners that make their country look laughable.

OldSand

Muckdog
Reaction score
If you go to Italy, definitely visit Florence. Then goto the Chianti Classico region (half hour bus from Florence). Visit my uncle. www.fattoriaviticcio.com. He makes very very good wine. Tell him you're a friend of Alberto and he'll take care of you.

Congrats man, you're going to have a blast. In my opinion the top places to visit in Europe are (in no particular order): Perugia, Italy; Sicily, Italy; Croatia; Krakow, Poland; Prague; Budapest. Since you're going to be there in the summer the large cities will be crowded as hell but still worth seeing. If you're planning on traveling in Italy at all let me know and I can give you some more in-depth suggestions as I studied there for half a year and traveled throughout the whole country.

I went there once to play a baseball game. Outside the fields there was this huge parking lot populated with hookers. Nice place.

HelmsE

Muckdog
Reaction score

You do realize that not all American students who study abroad make America look bad? People actually do travel to do more than black out and make asses of themselves.

I went there once to play a baseball game. Outside the fields there was this huge parking lot populated with hookers. Nice place.

haha, you must have been down at the fields in the near the station. That's a bit sketchier part of town but the city center around Piazzi Priori and the Universita' per Stranieri is fantastic.

Reaction score

That's not nice. I'm going abroad next semester as well (Paris) and I won't be making any one group (American and Cuban) look bad. One should already give the right impression by trying to assimilate and learn a different culture.

catchoftheday

Muckdog
Reaction score
all I have is bad experiences from all the college kids going abroad and I wont change my mind anytime soon since most of the locals abroad think the same way

HelmsE

Muckdog
Reaction score
all I have is bad experiences from all the college kids going abroad and I wont change my mind anytime soon since most of the locals abroad think the same way

Тhat's just a blanket generalization and simply not true. I'm not arguing that it doesn't happen but to broadly generalize like this is a bit absurd. I still have incredibly close "local" friends from when I studied in Perigua who would disagree with your argument.

Fishfan79

Muckdog
Reaction score
watch out for pick-pockets there are alot in spain always. Just be smart and you should be fine. Overall most folks in Europe are just like folk in south florida (some are nice, and some are jackasres, and some are from NY so both :) ). Also if you have any of your fins jersey's bring them with I bet you will get stopped and asked about the team alot. I did while there.

Forget flying once there get a train pass for a month or two time and use that instead. Riding the trains from city to city is much more fun. It is what I just did when I went to Europe for the last few weeks there. Road from Italy to Greece and into Istanbul and Izmir and back around again.

There is a large number of places you can see following the trains.

Also even though the champions league is almost over try to get into to see one of the matches over there for european football. I just went to Turkey vs Greece while over there this past time (turkey kicked their asre hehe). It is an experience you will never forget. It is like a Fins playoff game and afterwards there are parties in the streets.

Either way take care, have fun and dont fly american airlines they just lose your luggage (they lost one of mine damn jackasres).

CapeFish

Muckdog
Reaction score
It is like a Fins playoff game
I can't remember what that feels like anymore.

It has been that long :shifty

Top Bottom