Fishfan79

Muckdog
Reaction score
was gonna say shoot me now :)

No hanley sucks but he needs to get a day off to clear his head perhaps

Hollyberry

Muckdog
Reaction score
If we can't win with our good lineup out there then lets try the meh lineup.

Marlins2003

Muckdog
Reaction score
Worth a look but nonetheless surprising in that Amezega we know can play the position (defensively). It's probably just an experiment, a lark. We'll see.

Boy, on the face of it that's an ugly lineup but stranger things have worked. I wish they'd move Miggy down into cleanup though, it's just going to be another day of him getting nothing decent to hit, might as well let him provide someone else protection. That homerun in the ninth the other night was a good example of what Miggy could do if pitchers felt they had to pitch to him. Give him anythng even remotely hittable and we see the Miggy we all know and love.

But good luck guys. I'll be watching.

**now posted Amezaga @ SS**

Cabrerafan

Muckdog
Reaction score
Worth a look but nonetheless surprising in that Amezega we know can play the position (defensively). It's probably just an experiment, a lark. We'll see.

Boy, on the face of it that's an ugly lineup but stranger things have worked. I wish they'd move Miggy down into cleanup though, it's just going to be another day of him getting nothing decent to hit, might as well let him provide someone else protection. That homerun in the ninth the other night was a good example of what Miggy could do if pitchers felt they had to pitch to him. Give him anythng even remotely hittable and we see the Miggy we all know and love.

I like Miggy 3rd because it maximizes his at-bats, but it is frustrating: no matter where you put him in the lineup, he doesn't have much protection. Amazing how if he goes hitless
today, he probably drops below .300. It's early, though, and I still think Cabs finishes the season .330-.340.

More proof from last night's game for those Mets fans who think David Wright is better than Cabrera: Beltran would have never been intentionally walked with Cabrera batting behind him.

SilverBullet

Marlin
Reaction score
i love the heart of this order but the bookends are tough...amezaga and reggie in the same lineup can be horrendous...or a miracle...we'll see...it never hurts to try after losing two in a row...

bobbob1313

Muckdog
Reaction score

He has been much better this year in the 3 spot.

GoMarlins2435

Muckdog
Reaction score
Woo I like seeing Abercrombie play. Should be good for Hanley to take a day off and relax.

sdg210

Muckdog
Reaction score
It doesn't matter what lineup you put out there. The problem is in the coaching. They need better coaching for defense (you think Perry Hill takes house calls), better coaching for pitching (injuries is a lame excuse since it doesn't explain Willis or Olsen for that matter), and they need better managing (Fredi, despite his ejection, has been way too lax. He's get in these players' faces ala Jack.)

I actually think the ejection and suspension my have had a negative effect on Fredi since I haven't seen the fire continue on.

Nny

Muckdog
Reaction score
(injuries is a lame excuse since it doesn't explain Willis or Olsen for that matter)

I don't understand why people are still hating on Willis and Olsen.

Willis has three strait quality starts, and his .baa against in May is .080 points lower then April. He had a rough 5 game slide, all pitchers have rough times in the season. The Marlins are still 8-3 in games Willis has started regardless.

Olsen's May numbers: 3.65 ERA, 1.30 WHIP. He has 5 quality starts in his past 6 games.

It's not April anymore.

Top Bottom