What's new

Sweep...?

Wild Card

Muckdog
Reaction score
I was thinking about this, and because it's a four game series, if the Marlins can sweep the Mets, winning the next three games, than we will be at . 500 going into the TB series...

That would be huge. Think they can pull it off? Seeing that we already faced Glavine, it's really all down hill against there rotation from here... I think if we can win tonight against Seo, than we can sweep...

Anyone think they can pull it off?

Rune

Muckdog
Reaction score
Easy Answer No...

Why are you talking about a sweep after one game?

It's not like The Fish are yards ahead in terms of talent compared to The Mutts.

It will be a split series...

I don't see us sweeping but I'll stick to my 3 out of 4 prediction.

Hotcorner

Muckdog
Reaction score
Penny has the edge in his game, but other than that it'll be tough. Pavano against Seo, and Phelps vs Traschel (who just threw a 1-hitter himself last start).. I'd be extremely happy if they could take 3 of 4. Marlins would come out of the series 2 games under .500 with the Devil Rays on deck. :)

Hanleylicious

Muckdog
Reaction score
If we win vs. Seo tonight, sweeping them might cross my mind :mischief2 , than i again, I agree with H.C., i'll be very happy if we win 3 of 4

Wild Card

Muckdog
Reaction score
I would be happy with 3 of four too, but the point was, if we DID manage to sweep them, we would be at . 500 and ready to advance a suprise attack on the Wild Card race...

Hence forum name...

Wild Card

Muckdog
Reaction score
I wouldn't be happy with just two wins.

These are the games we need to take advantage of, and two wins out of four games is not good. We need to take at least 3...

We can't "settle" for 2 wins in this series, and they know it... JUst keep playing like we have been, and we've got three games won...

Marlins2003

Muckdog
Reaction score
With the number of games these two teams are set to play the Marlins have a chance to bury the Mets by the AS break and I for one hope Jack McKeon uses these next few weeks to teach our team how to go for the jugular. If things go right for our guys the Mets could be six - eight games behind us by the break. Maybe I'll be proved wrong but I feel confident this is not going to be a replay of last year when we failed to make a move against inferior teams and pretty much played ourselves out of contention.

Jack is not about to let that happen, I hear he's installing a raw meat dispenser in the dugout! :brigginbounce

Wild Card

Muckdog
Reaction score
This is a better team then we had at this point last year, with a better coach at the helm... They will take advantage of this...

But think about it... This team could very easily be in the WC mix by the AS break. If you keep winning series after series, 2 games won 1 lost, sweep maybe 1 series and you're in extreamely good shape. Especially because the Phills and Expos are contributing to our rise... We keep winning, they have started losing... If we can take advantage of their disadvantages and keep this momentum going, there is a serious chance this team could be in second place by early-mid July...

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
Seeing that we already faced Glavine, it's really all down hill against there rotation from here

Al Leiter is no push over. I think we'll take 3 out of the 4 but I'll be happy with 2. so do we face Leiter or Trachsel on Thursday?

Wild Card

Muckdog
Reaction score
We don't play Trachsel... He's the pitcher we don't play...

RossInfoMan

Muckdog
Reaction score
The pitching matchups for the rest of the series are:
Tuesday-Pavano vs. Seo
Wednesday-Penny vs. Leiter
Thursday-Phelps vs. Bacsik

CapeFish

Muckdog
Reaction score
Being the Optimistic, Compassionate, Conservative that I am - Iguess Marlins take 3 out of 4 and the one loss is extremely close. :)
Hopefully I am wrong and we sweep, but that is my "safe" estimate.

CapeFish

Wild Card

Muckdog
Reaction score
I'm optimistic, but hardly conservative...

I think I am too agressive... Which is why I said we sweep! ;)

1truefan

Muckdog
Reaction score
Sweep?! ok it would be nice...but realistically....winning the series will do....

Mephisto

Muckdog
Reaction score
The marlins have a chance Bacsik and Seo are not expierienced and Leiter is easy to run on, but Mike is not cathing. The marlins have a good shot to sweep the mets and maybe even the D-rays.

Wild Card

Muckdog
Reaction score
I think we NEED to sweep the D-Rays, but 2 of 3 is still good...

Top Bottom