What's new

Swept by the Nats

geemoney

Muckdog
Reaction score
We're in a bad way, guys. Team comes in on an 8-game losing streak and they sweep us. Injuries yes, but we can't use that as an excuse against teams like the Nationals, especially when we throw the middle game away.

I knew we had to get five in the 7th, because we were gonna get SHO the rest of the way- we have a way of scoring in bunches. When we got only four, I had a feeling we were done.

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
it happens

baseball is crazy like that

it's not like we came into this weekend with a 25-10 record either..

FreshFish

Muckdog
Reaction score
not many positives. We aren't good. that's reality.

geemoney

Muckdog
Reaction score
it happens

No, but we're better than Washington.

Hollyberry

Muckdog
Reaction score
Meh game, we need to win 3 out of 4 against the Pirates. Atleast the Pirates won today so they wont be that hungry for a win.

:bottom

TSwift25

Muckdog
Reaction score
Wait wait wait wait wait.

Let' see if these people still want changes after this road trip. 10 games vs the Nats, Pitt, and Tampa should change the the end of the world is near/nay sayers/finger pointers' minds. We are on a record breaking pace for Ks but seems to me we were last year as well at this time and we turned things around. If you take that aggresivness away from them at the plate then the Ks will drop, but so will the rest of the offensive stats. If it ain't broke don't fix it, and right now it's just a little bent.

Just remember. :whistle

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
it happens

Luckily (or unluckily) games aren't played on paper

Atleast the Pirates won today so they wont be that hungry for a win.
lololol come on

Hollyberry

Muckdog
Reaction score
lololol come on
Hey, Hey, so you havent noticed when a team loses a butt load of games in a row they just so happen to go on a hot streak when they are playing us?

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
lololol come on
Hey, Hey, so you havent noticed when a team loses a butt load of games in a row they just so happen to go on a hot streak when they are playing us?
I've never heard the "won't be hungry for a win" theory in my entire life

TSwift25

Muckdog
Reaction score
lololol come on

It's because we're not good not because of this "hungry for a win" crap.

CYmarlins

The Andy Man Can
Reaction score
yet this is why i love baseball. the next day there is a another game and we can go out there again.

Shamrock

Muckdog
Reaction score
lololol come on
humans are built to find patterns where there's nothing

Trey05Marlins

Muckdog
Reaction score
Just a complete embarassment for the club this weekend. It is always said but now we just need to focus on winning one game. If we can win the first game of the Pittsburgh series we are in okay shape. If we can win the series we will be in good position to finish off the trip well going into Tampa Bay. I fully expect to see Hermida starting in this next series.

fauowls44

Muckdog
Reaction score
it happens

I dont think that saying the team is hurting is an excuse, it's the reality of the situation:

- Starting Amezega, Borchard, Treanor (although not as a result of injury) makes the bottom of the lineup unspeakably awful. Add to that Jacobs being at about 70% or so and there are only 4 legitimate major league starting players in the lineup.

- Cabrera was terrible in this series. As he goes, so goes the offense. His defense also was very shaky. I have no doubt he'll have a big series in Pittsburgh though

- This team needs to start off well against the Pirates. Any one know if we might see Hermida out there?

fanofthefish

Marlins Historian
Reaction score
There's still a week left in this road trip, still time to turn it around. All you true fans come to TB this weekend series and lets make it a home game for our boys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rorod

Muckdog
Reaction score
The curse of baby Uggla lives on
ok, someone tell me who the hell baby uggla is?

Hollyberry

Muckdog
Reaction score
The curse of baby Uggla lives on
ok, someone tell me who the hell baby uggla is?
During the rain delay last night the marlins replayed that Uggla show. Well, somehow the screen froze on a picture of Uggla when he was really young. When the game started the picture never came off the screen. It was bad. Uggz smile kept getting bigger and bigger.

MarlinFan10

Muckdog
Reaction score
OMG WTF AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! WHO GETS SWEPT BY THE FRICKIN' NATIONALS!!!!

SPARTA!!!!!!!!!!!! :sparta

Top Bottom