What's new

Tarpley acquired for Nelson and cash

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Dasshole
Reaction score
This is a trade thats mostly a who cares type of trade.

Not exactly sure what they see in Tarpley because he has been flat out warmed over garbage in the bigs, but whatever. Its like the 39th or 40th man on the roster.

Moran is old with very limited MLB time. So he may clear waivers. (probably should).

Moran probably should have been DFA'd over Brice in the first place.

Michael

Wind Surge
VIP
Writer
Reaction score
And no more LOOGY after the new rule.
LOOGY can still be a thing but it would require them coming into a game with two outs in an inning already and hopefully getting that first batter out.

Otherwise, it's LTOGY now and that just doesn't roll off the tongue.

Yeah probably. But again, in the long run, the order of DFA doesn't matter.

SonOfJack

Omnichannel Integration Expert
Writer
Reaction score

Not exactly sure what they see in Tarpley because he has been flat out warmed over garbage in the bigs, but whatever. Its like the 39th or 40th man on the roster.

Moran is old with very limited MLB time. So he may clear waivers. (probably should).

I agree with everything said here.

SilverBullet

Marlin
Instagram Curator
Reaction score
Brice had to be DFA'd before Dean because DFAs have to be done alphabetically. The A in DFA actually stands for the word "alphabetical." This is a little known fact but now you guys know.

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Dasshole
Reaction score
Brice had to be DFA'd before Dean because DFAs have to be done alphabetically. The A in DFA actually stands for the word "alphabetical." This is a little known fact but now you guys know.

Good thing that rule didnt exist when Henry Aaron played.

Michael

Wind Surge
VIP
Writer
Reaction score
Good thing that rule didnt exist when Henry Aaron played.
He wouldn't have been DFA'd though. Otherwise we'd have done so to Brian Anderson and Garrett Cooper already.

You dildo.

Erick

LumberKing
Reaction score

You’re a who cares type of poster.

FishFan95

Jumbo Shrimp
Reaction score
Just to think that the Marlins made a trade with the Yankees and the Marlins were the ones to give away cash to get the deal done warms my heart.

SilverBullet

Marlin
Instagram Curator
Reaction score
Just to think that the Marlins made a trade with the Yankees and the Marlins were the ones to give away cash to get the deal done warms my heart.
Are you sure what you're experiencing isn't actually heartburn?

Reaction score
I can’t believe that terrible 3 hitter rule actually is being implemented. Total garbage. A sport that people already call boring and you just took out one of the most interesting strategical elements of the game.

Michael

Wind Surge
VIP
Writer
Reaction score
I can’t believe that terrible 3 hitter rule actually is being implemented. Total garbage. A sport that people already call boring and you just took out one of the most interesting strategical elements of the game.
It's not going to change much, guarantee it.
It adds more strategy if you really think about it.

Now you have to think, one out none on situation, "can I trust my current pitcher with two more outs here, or do I need to bring in my lefty now even though there's a hitter who destroys lefties right after the current batter?"

I don't mind this rule and we'll not even really notice it after a couple months into the year. Not nearly the worst rule that we could have.

Please for the love of all that is good do not bring the "runner on second to start an inning" idea for 12th inning on.

SonOfJack

Omnichannel Integration Expert
Writer
Reaction score
Please for the love of all that is good do not bring the "runner on second to start an inning" idea for 12th inning on.
seriously. That rule sounds so stupid.

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Dasshole
Reaction score
I wouldnt be shocked if this 3 batter thing goes away in a couple of years.

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Dasshole
Reaction score
It is. I saw it happen in the world baseball classic. It just changes everything.
It adds a level of excitement. Other sports have gone to ways to increase action in OT periods. I actually dont mind it, especially if you wait to implement it until the 11th or 12th inning.

SilverBullet

Marlin
Instagram Curator
Reaction score
It adds a level of excitement. Other sports have gone to ways to increase action in OT periods. I actually dont mind it, especially if you wait to implement it until the 11th or 12th inning.
I wish there was a better way though... this one just makes it too easy... it reminds me of putting the bumpers up when bowling.

Or lowering the net in basketball?

I saw it in the WBC and then the next guy gets a hit and the team walks off, something like that, and then I realized that after watching a competitive extra inning game where both teams were playing soooo well, one team won ONLY with one single and having really done nothing before that single.

Awful feeling.

SilverBullet

Marlin
Instagram Curator
Reaction score
I did this as a kid, cause otherwise every ball would go into the gutter. Or is that ok as a kid?
Depends how old the kid is. Knowing you I imagine you were like 15 though. Not cool.

Top Bottom