Jacobs 0.989
Uggla 0.745
Ramirez 0.742
Cabrera 0.705
Willingham 0.797
Amezaga CF 0.921 SS 0.938
Ross CF 0.955 RF 1
Borchard 0.867

now, i'm not so sure what these #'s mean, but i compared them to the braves and there zone ratings were much higher at 2B,SS,3B,LF, and RF. Amezaga and Ross's ratings were higher than A Jones.

It seems to me that we are not getting to enough balls. bascially about everyone's ratings were lower than last years too, except for Willy.

I know this may not mean much, and that it's only been one month, but I found it interesting the differences between a first place team and a 3rd place teams ratings.

Big_Rob

Muckdog
Reaction score
I don't know what these are. Are these defensive sabermetric type stats of some sort?

rferry

Muckdog
Reaction score
Measures a player's ability to catch balls in their assigned zone(s). Useful, in combination with the traditional fielding stats that simply measure efficiency, to measure individual ability. To measure a team, one would probably use defensive efficiency, which measures a team's ability to convert balls hit in all zones into outs (along with team groundball and slugging opposed rates). Anyways, the Marlins rank last in defensive efficiency.

http://www.baseballprospectus.com/statisti....php?cid=204024

Top Bottom