What's new

Ted Ginn Jr Enters NFL Draft

MikeLowell

Muckdog
Reaction score
Ohio State wide receiver Ted Ginn Jr. will skip his senior year and take his talents to the NFL.

"I am excited to announce that I am making myself eligible for the National Football League draft," Ginn said in a statement.

"I thank Coach Tressel and all those involved within The Ohio State University football program for creating such a terrific environment for me to succeed both athletically and academically."

Ginn was part of a Buckeye team that went 12-1 in 2006 but lost 41-14 in the BCS championship game to Florida. Ginn returned the opening kickoff 93 yards for a touchdown but injured his foot on the play and did not return to the game.

Ginn caught 59 passes for 781 yards and nine TDs in 2006

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2731753

Fishfan79

Muckdog
Reaction score
I would like to see him in aqua and orange, a trade back and then drafting of him would not be a bad thing in my eyes.

MrAndMrsFish

Mr. Minor League
Reaction score
how far do you think u can trade back??? I think this year's first-round pick needs to be a stud of some sort...

Buckeye

Muckdog
Reaction score
If Ginn is there when the Bengals pick...

He will be a Bengal. And then we will have the absolute sickest WR core of any team in the NFL. I can't even imagine lining up Chad Johnson, TJ Houshmanzedeh, Chris Henry and Ted Ginn in a 4 set.

But, he'll probably go somewhere gay, like Pittsburgh or Baltimore.

Junior

Muckdog
Reaction score
Why would the Bengals take a WR in the first round?

FishFanInPA

Maybe they know about a future crime???

Buckeye

Muckdog
Reaction score

Because they take a WR every two years or so. Truth.

Junior

Muckdog
Reaction score

They are idiots if they take a WR in the 1st round this year. Truth.

Buckeye

Muckdog
Reaction score

They are idiots if they take a WR in the 1st round this year. Truth.

Not really. Kelly Washington is a free agent.

I think we could use a safety more than anything, it depends on if our needs can be met in later rounds...

Here's the article from bengals.com a few weeks ago:

AARON: Here?s my draft rule: As long as Carson Palmer is the quarterback, they must take a wide receiver in the first round every three years and the gong is ringing.

I just don?t see them giving up on Henry, but the scary thing is he?s one more screwup from giving himself up and is the risk worth two big drops a game? Yet he?s so darn good, I see them sticking with him unless there?s a guy they just can?t resist. Me? They?re four years overdue, so I take the best wideout but I doubt they?ll do that.

Wave goodbye to The Squirrel. Washington will come out of the winter and free agency with a lot of nuts. Perry said last month that he?s beginning to run on a treadmill and the fear that he?s got a Bo Jackson hip is gone.

No one knows what they have in Chatman, or how he?ll bounce back from the groin injury. But they seem to like the pair from LSU, Bennie Brazell and Skyler Green.

So next year the six could look like Chad, Housh, Henry, Perry, Green, Brazell. With Perry and Green you get your kick and punt returners.

You?re right. A little early.

Ginn can return punts and kicks as well, and, as long as he's a 4th WR he can have his dream of playing corner in the NFL (which he said he wants to do), and I think we'd use him in that way. So, he'd be a KR, PR, 4th WR AND occasional CB.

Boi you sure know the Bengals!

Junior

Muckdog
Reaction score
Sweet, so you want to turn him into Devin Hester basically?

Buckeye

Muckdog
Reaction score

No.

Devin Hester sucks at WR.

But, he's a helluva' journeyman positionwise and can play multiples. That's a lot of upside. If he's even available when we pick, which I doubt.

I want to "turn him" into Ted Ginn Jr.

Junior

Muckdog
Reaction score

No.

But, he's a helluva' journeyman positionwise and can play multiples. That's a lot of upside. If he's even available when we pick, which I doubt.

You don't draft 4th WR/5th CB/KR/PR in the middle of the 1st round. That's awful value.

If he is somebody's #2 WR, and a KR/PR then that's fine.

Buckeye

Muckdog
Reaction score

No.

You don't draft 4th WR/5th CB/KR/PR in the middle of the 1st round. That's awful value.

If he is somebody's #2 WR, and a KR/PR then that's fine.

Not when he meets a need at punt returns and cornerback.

Do you not have reading comprehension?

Bengals need a corner, if Ginn's the guy, he's the guy.

Junior

Muckdog
Reaction score
Woo-hoo draft a guy who hasn't played corner since high school to play corner for you in the NFL.

Again, you want him to be Devin Hester. "Maybe" he will be a CB, until then he will return kicks and punts.

Buckeye

Muckdog
Reaction score
Woo-hoo draft a guy who hasn't played corner since high school to play corner for you in the NFL.

Again, you want him to be Devin Hester. "Maybe" he will be a CB, until then he will return kicks and punts.

It's already been established he has better hands than Hester.

I don't even know why I'm debating this with you. Because I could care less about your opinion.

But, I HOPE we take Ginn in the first round and then I can poop all over your face while you smear it all over your chest and sing pour some sugar on me then taking the BM and placing it into your mouth so that it can find a way to make it to your brain along with all the other sh*t you have up there.

/end of discsussion.

Junior

Muckdog
Reaction score
You won't draft him in the 1st round, and if you do and you play him at CB he will be a huge bust. I am not sure what the fact that he has better hands then Hester has to do with him playing CB. It takes alot more then hands to play CB. He's not a CB, he is a WR.

Buckeye

Muckdog
Reaction score
You won't draft him in the 1st round, and if you do and you play him at CB he will be a huge bust. I am not sure what the fact that he has better hands then Hester has to do with him playing CB. It takes alot more then hands to play CB. He's not a CB, he is a WR.

BEST DRAFT EVER!

Best. Draft. Ever!

Junior

Muckdog
Reaction score
Just like Ohio State was the best team ever.

Ooops. Your bad.

Buckeye

Muckdog
Reaction score
Just like Ohio State was the best team ever.

Ooops. Your bad.

Irrelevant.

Best draft ever!

Best. Draft. Ever!

/troll

Top Bottom