What's new

The 2007 Masters

Passion

Muckdog
Reaction score
One of my absolute favorite sporting events and to me one of the greatest we have, up there with the Super Bowl and World Series.

The first players are teeing off right now.

Phil tees off at 10:56 and Tiger tees off at 1:52.

Anyone else excited?

FishFanInPA

I definately enjoy the event and i'm not even really a big golf guy......my money's on Tiger but watch out for Retief Goosen....

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
Arnie looked good this morning eh?

*cant wait to see them azaleas in full bloom*

and the live Amen Corner cam is gonna be awesome

pierremvp1

Muckdog
Reaction score
It's my favorite sporting event of the year. I've been watching it so long I think I know the breaks in the greens as well as the players.

Passion

Muckdog
Reaction score
Wow, Phil really needs to finish strong on these last 7. He's been terrible today.

Iowa

Muckdog
Reaction score
My boy Zach Johnson with a nice first round showing... an opening bogey but -1 on the day.

He's going to be in the upper echelon of golfers in the not-to-distant future.

bobbob1313

Muckdog
Reaction score
I expect Tiger to win it, but I'll definetly be watching Sunday. I can't really watch golf tourneys untilt he final day.

pierremvp1

Muckdog
Reaction score
If anyone's interested(Hello FishFan) in the gambling aspect. On wsex.com you can bet on the Masters interactively. Check it out, it's very interesting.

Mabdul Doobakus

Muckdog
Reaction score
Yeah, I mostly just tune in after the cut. My other problem with golf tournaments is I'm always eating dinner with my folks when they end. I probably haven't seen a Masters end in 10 years.

TheDon

Muckdog
Reaction score
I was a little suprised with the limited coverage for Thur/Fri on television.

Hopefully we'll see both nines on Saturday.

Im pullin for Olazabal. He has the short game for it and he's my favorite to watch.

He tees off right now in fact. (I won't be watching any Masters today because I will be sucking down Corona Lites in the Toyota 4-Runner section of Dolphins Stadium parking lot by that time).

Easily the best golf tourney of the year by far (the US Open a distant second). And like others have mentioned, maybe right up there with the World Series and Superbowl (for hardcore sports fans).

Iowa

Muckdog
Reaction score
Zach in the lead!!!!!!! Good stuff

Mabdul Doobakus

Muckdog
Reaction score
I enjoy the Masters and all, but I'm not putting it up there with the Super Bowl and the World Series. Off the top of my head, if I'm ranking sporting events:

1. March Madness
2. Scripps-Howard National Spelling Bee (I may be alone on this one; and I recognize it's borderline categorization as a sport, but, hey, same with golf)
3. Super Bowl
4. World Series
5. Basically a tie between the NBA Finals, The Masters, and US Open Tennis.

And the Olympics would take #3 every other year, dropping everything else down.

Tiger just got a birdie to jump from 44th to 30th, so he probably won't need to worry about the cut, unless he collapses again at the end of the round.

Passion

Muckdog
Reaction score
For me personally I would go:

1. NCAA Basketball Tournament
2. Summer Olympics
3. Wimbeldon
4. Masters
5. World Series
6. NBA Finals
7. BCS Championship
8. Super Bowl
9. Daytona 500

Mabdul Doobakus

Muckdog
Reaction score
Wimbledon's the better tennis tournament, but its on at bad hours. I love those late-night US Open matches that stretch into the early morning.

I also forgot about the BCS game somehow. Make that my #5 and drop the 3-way tie to #6.

Anyway, in the interest of keeping this relevant to the Masters, umm...I really like the name Calcavecchia.

Iowa

Muckdog
Reaction score
1. Super Bowl
2. Final 4
3. World Series
4. BCS Championship
5. NBA Finals
6. Masters

Tennis, NASCAR and Hockey just doesn't do it for me.

Top Bottom