What's new

The 2007 Season will be a loooooooonnng one.....

ShookMyBones

Muckdog
Reaction score
Well here we are again. Ready to start up another season with a clean slate. Everyone has their reasons for optimism and pesimism. And we are no different. The only thing that sets our Fish apart from the majority of other teams is that if we had an owner with even an AVERAGE sized pocket book (for a MLB owner that is), we would be discussing how many games we will be winning the division by, rather than how many games under .500 we are going to be....

As it is, this is NOT a good team. It is a team loaded with players that have plenty of potential, but it is NOT a good team. Take a look at our starting lineup...

1. SS Hanley Ramirez- Okay, he's good. And I expect a decent year from him... next.

2. 2B Dan Uggla- yeah, this might be beating a dead horse, but Uggla is going to SUCK this year. I'm talking a sub .200 batting average with frequent strikeouts and numerous pop ups. Not to mention the very occasional homerun that will constantly have broadcasters and fans saying "okay he's coming out of it", only to have him go 10 at bats without a hit every time. He will be benched by the end of May. This guy will be out of baseball within 3 years. nnnnnneeext!!!

3. 3B Miguel Cabrera- Miggy is a great hitter. he will have a very nice OBP again this year and hit over .300. The homeruns will come now and then, but there's only so much this great player can do when nobody wants to throw him anything. Could you imagine the numbers he'd put up if we still had Delgado in the lineup at this point??? His line will look nice this year (.320, 20-30 hr, 100-110 rbi, .430 obp), and it will land him a nice multi year deal with another team in '08. NEXT!

4. 1B Mike Jacobs- UGH..... This guy is awful. The uppercut in his swing makes him unable to make solid contact on a consistent basis... But take that uppercut away and he has no power... The only thing worse than his bat is his glove, which I'm sure Andy Fox will not be able to help out much! Mike Jacobs could start for maybe 3 teams in the majors... Unfortunately, we are one of them. Find me a starting first baseman that is worse than Mike Jacobs.. Can't do it? Didn't think so.. NEXT!

5. LF Josh Willingham- I like him. He has a nice compact swing that is really simple and should keep him out of any realy long batting slumps. There is a lot of room for improvement in left field- but the guy has never been allowed to get comfortable with a position before and unlike Jacobs, he at least shows the ability to be a decent fielder. I expect a solid year from this guy. It should be his 5th solid year in the majors though, rather than his second. I don't know what the hell took so long to bring this guy up. NEXT!

6. RF- Jeremy Hermida- I am beginning to think that somehow Mark Prior and Kerry Wood are much older than they claim and that they somehow had a child together and named her Jeremy Hermida. She won't see a full season in the majors. Get ready to see lots of Joe Borchard and a bunch of other .230 hitters in there killing rallies night after night. NEXT!!!!

7. C Miguel Olivo- He may as well close his eyes and start swinging when he sees the pitcher winding up. This guy is not a hitter. He is always guessing, and will occcassionally get lucky and run into a baseball with the good part of his bat. And the only thing he does well as a catcher is throw down to second base. He comprises part of what is easily the worst bottom part of any major league lineup.

8. CF Eric Reed- come on...

The pitching will be DECENT enough to frustrate us with many close losses.. The defense will be atrocious- especially with the loss of Perry Hill. This isn't going to be a 100 loss season- we aren't the nationals (we actually have some talent).. But it will be a long season in the sense that the broken pieces are going to be so obvious, and yet will not be replaced. We will come so close to winning so many games that the blowout losses we suffer are going to be a relief. Everyone thinks Beinfest is such a genius. Ask the Twins what they think of Beinfest. Ask the Mets while you are at it. In fact, ask anyone who is not part of the Red Sox organization what they think of doing business with the Marlins. We robbed the Cubs of Dontrelle Willis, but what did we get for Juan Pierre??? Please.

canada-marlin24

Muckdog
Reaction score
yeah keep talking out of ur ass buddy...u seem to know nothing and sound like a fool

FreshFish

Muckdog
Reaction score
W
6. RF- Jeremy Hermida- I am beginning to think that somehow Mark Prior and Kerry Wood are much older than they claim and that they somehow had a child together and named her Jeremy Hermida. She won't see a full season in the majors. Get ready to see lots of Joe Borchard and a bunch of other .230 hitters in there killing rallies night after night. NEXT!!!!

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

MarlinsLou

Hammerhead
Reaction score
I'm going to amuse you.

Uggla - If there is one thing he has, it is pop. He might hit .250-.260 this year with a .320ish OBP, but he'll hit 18-20 HR more then likely. His post all star splits is exactly the Uggla I feel who shows up. He won't be benched. His demotion would be to 6th or 7th in the order.

Cabrera - will hit 30+ HR

Jacobs - Would start for a few teams like Tampa, KC, Oakland, Atlanta, and I'd argue he'd get a lot of playing time in Baltimore, Cincy, San Francisco, Minnesota (DH), and Anaheim. Also starts for Washington in the interim. I'm not a huge Jacobs fan, but he isn't abysmally terrible.

Willingham - is maybe the 2nd worst defensive OF in baseball behind Manny. He does not show even neutral level ability. But his bat is a valuable asset. He can hit the crap out of baseballs.

Hermida - Will probably be the 2nd or 3rd best hitter on the marlins by the end of 2008 barring a trade or signing of someone outside the organization. I just want him to get healthy. I don't mind Borchard hitting in the interim as the only thing that matters here is the longterm with Jeremy. It will be very disappointing if he doesn't start 120+ games.

Olivo - I appreciate a random 15 HR from my 8 spot in the lineup, even if it's a .285 OBP. He's a solid starter at worst because of his position scarcity.

And Eric Reed does stink. You nailed that one.

And we got Nolasco, Pinto, and Mitre for Pierre, who are all breaking with the club and the Marlins expect probably 350+ innings out of them combined. Chicago would take this trade back faster then you can drive to the liquor store and use your fake ID to buy a smirnoff ice.

Hammerhead

Muckdog
Reaction score
yeah keep talking out of ur ass buddy...u seem to know nothing and sound like a fool
His post actually probably isn't too far off. I disagree with the Jacobs thing, though. I think this is his make or break season and I think he'll have a decent year if he can keep the strikeout total down.

TSwift25

Muckdog
Reaction score
A+ post. A+ poster.
thanks.

Now now now, be kind.

A+++ poster.

FishFan24

Muckdog
Reaction score
So at the end of the year when all of this is COMPLETELY off, you are going to come back and take your lumps right?

Oh wait, you won't. :rolleyes:

EmptyOrangeSeat

Muckdog
Reaction score
Who started this thread Jim Bowden?

1st base is the deepest position in the majors. Most teams best sluggers are first basemen. However we get our big production numbers from third and we have a better, more productive shortstop than most teams. Still, Jacobs isnt bad. He played all last year with nagging injuries.

His numbers 469 ab, .262 avg, 325 obp, 20 jacks, 77 rbi's, 105 strikeouts.

Since you asked here are some 1Bs that are worse than Jacobs: Ty Wigginton (TB), Thorman (Atl), Sean Casey (Det), Ryan Shealy, (KC) C. Kotchman (LAA), Dan Johnson (Oak), Rich Aurilia/Ryan Klesko (SF), Scott Hatteberg (Cin)

There are a couple others who are about even with Jacobs like Conor Jackson on the Dbacks and Toronto's Lyle Overbay. Jacobs is a middle of the pack 1B right now but lets see what he can do when healthy.

MarlinFan10

Muckdog
Reaction score
So anyways, this thread deserves no intelligent response. So, to you sir, I say:

Your mom said it was a loooooooooooonnng one last night. :rolleyes:

I hope my post has been able to match the insight of yours.

prinmemito

Muckdog
Reaction score
Who gives a sh*t what you think. Stop with all the nonsense predictions and let's get this season started.

GO FISH!!!

Jimmy42Jack0

Muckdog
Reaction score
is this the Al Gore version of the marlins future?
no...first poster is clearly delusional, gore is not

CYmarlins

The Andy Man Can
Reaction score
Who gives a sh*t what you think. Stop with all the nonsense predictions and let's get this season started.

GO FISH!!!

HELL to the YES, thats what im talking about.

louiecastillo1

Muckdog
Reaction score
Hey shookmybones, looks like someone shook your head and your brain
fell out of place.

mr_eob

Muckdog
Reaction score
is this the Al Gore version of the marlins future?
no...first poster is clearly delusional, gore is not

the first post is funny...the second one takes the cake.

gotta go, my baby is on fire!!!

Fallen Apple

Muckdog
Reaction score
How come the only people to do this, seems to be the one that comes out of nowhere and , only make stupid screen names for stupid posts I didnt bother to read much of it.

Top Bottom