What's new

The Good, The Bad, The Ugly: Game 6

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
The Good:
Juan Encarnacion(2/3)
DLee(1/4) but went the other way twice and although they were outs, he hit them hard
Mike Lowell(2/3)
only 1 strikeout today(Pierre)

The Bad:
Luis Castillo(0/5)... what is up with him?
Brad Penny... letting Ramirez get a double and trying to barehand a ball...meh
Armando Almanza...served up a nice dong to Sheff
Vlad Nunez
Blaine Neal

The Ugly:
the final score......13-4...... i thought we had a chance at 6-4..

feel free to add

Malman

Muckdog
Reaction score
Nunez makes me sick.

Is Matt Herges still available?

Hotcorner

Muckdog
Reaction score
That RBI hit by the Braves pitcher was tough. Penny threw a pitch way outside & the pitcher just put his bat out there & took it the other way. I can't really fault Penny for trying to barehand that ball either. It's instinctual, he just wants to make a play. Shame though, Alex probably would've been able to make the play.

However, I CAN fault him for walking the bases loaded. 2 of those walks wound up as 2 eventual runs. If Penny only gives up, say 2 runs in the first, the Marlins are right in the game & Penny probably gets another inning or two.

"I should never have given up six runs with the stuff I had today,'' Penny said. "I was a little off in the first inning. After that I settled down, came back and did pretty well. I've just got to get that first inning out of the way.''

He did have pretty good stuff later, the strikeouts were there, he just blew it in the first inning. Wasn't throwing any first pitch strikes.

AJBurnett34

Muckdog
Reaction score
We know of 2 guys we cant trust, Nunez and specially Almanza! They always give up so many runs when torborg brings them in. They should work on keeping the ball low and also control. We need them. Almanza is like our only lefty along with tejera. Nunez is a very good guy o use when he is on.

minus

Muckdog
Reaction score
Nunez has been more realiable than Almanza if you look back last year and half.I don't undertsnad why people don't remeber...!!

Malman

Muckdog
Reaction score
Nunez has been worth a damn since the All-Star break. That's why Looper took over the closer's role.

Rune

Muckdog
Reaction score
Nunez has been worth a damn since the All-Star break. That's why Looper took over the closer's role.
You say that but then you say you want Herges? How much sense does that make?

Herges blew games left and right last year! I beleive he was the guy who gave up an 8 run lead in the 9th to The Phillies last year.

Malman

Muckdog
Reaction score
Whatever -

Herges is pitching for Portland (SD Padres affiliate) - he had an outstanding Spring and should have made the Pirates roster but was cut for financial reasons. Look for the insightful post Edcanes made when he was released.

I guess things could be worse - we could have Turk Wendell in our pen.

:hat

Rune

Muckdog
Reaction score
Whatever -

Herges is pitching for Portland (SD Padres affiliate) - he had an outstanding Spring and should have made the Pirates roster but was cut for financial reasons. Look for the insightful post Edcanes made when he was released.

I guess things could be worse - we could have Turk Wendell in our pen.

:hat
:p lol

You could have Turk Wendell

I still don't see why Herges is made such a big deal out of. He didn't prove last year against the same teams that he would be facing often that he is better than Nunez. Also replacing Nunez with Herges although small would still be a bad pr move.

Teal Shadow

Muckdog
Reaction score
I kinda figure the Padres would sign him. O well, but all members of the bully have to play "ALOT" better if team is going to stay in it.

Top Bottom