What's new

The Marlins are BUYERS!

Teal Shadow

Muckdog
Reaction score
According to a source the Marlins want to make a run. Yes a run at this playoff thing. The Marlins are in trade talks to acquire LF Rondell White from SD for R.Castro, Abe Nunez, and Hollandworth. The Marlins appear to want to keep Hollandsworth, also being mention is a three-way deal with the Rockies in that the Marlins acquire Kalper and move him along to SD to replace Hollandsworth. Moving Castro might surprise alot you guys but they are very high on C Josh Willingham(double A) and C Ryan Jorgensen(double A) to compete next year or it's possible that Pudge could come back.A. Nunez is on DL so I guess San Diego doesn't mind take him injuried. What I'm surprise about is keeping Hollandsworth, I guess they'll use him as a fourth OF and use Banks at 1B :whistle .

Wild Card

Muckdog
Reaction score
Can anyone pull-up Rondell's stat page on ESPN.com and put the link in this thread?

Malman

Muckdog
Reaction score
Wow, if true - this is exciting news. A solid bat in left along with the return of Beckett would go a long way to a wild card run.

Great info Edcanes. Hope it happens!

Wild Card

Muckdog
Reaction score
Well, normally I wouldn't pay any attention to this stuff, but it makes sense... I think we really are in a Wild Card run, and can stay in it... A team like San Diego is probably looking to deal the few players they can...(just check the standings...)

Plus, I have heard they are also looking to deal Klesko to the Yanks, so I would believer they are looking at all options for all of their players that may be sought after...

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Dasshole
Reaction score
so what are we looking at?

castro and nunez for white?

or castro/nunez/hollandsworth for white?

Wild Card

Muckdog
Reaction score
Hell I'd rather them take Todd too! Free up salary... Or have them take Todd instead of Ramon...

Shamrock

Muckdog
Reaction score
Wow this is exciting! White's stats this season....

G AB R H 2B 3B HR RBI BB SO SB CS BA OBP SLG OPS
62 230 32 69 9 1 11 33 17 34 1 4 .300 .352 .491 .843

Would be happy for Ramon to get to play somewhere. I wouldnt mind getting prospects either...that would leave a spot for Cabs.

Teal Shadow

Muckdog
Reaction score
sorry guys I want to inform you this is NOT my sources story. He e-mailed and said its a story by the Sports Weekly guys. He did tell me that this guy is almost 100% on the money with rumors concerning the Padres. A couple years ago before the Marlins trade for Clement. He had it three days before it happen, as a matter of fact he had Jesus Sanchez instead of Kostay. Boy I wish DD could have gotten Kevin Towers to take Sanchez instead of Kostay.

A sidenote the Cubs have turn there attention to acquiring 3B Mark Loretta because they feel Lowell might not be on the market now or later. Yes, he did mention that all so in the article.

Wild Card

Muckdog
Reaction score
So what are you saying? We are or aren't after White?

Wild Card

Muckdog
Reaction score
The only thing that may have me somwhat questioning this deal:

Rondell White: $5.5 Million

But this would definately help us, and I think because Loria honestly had high expectaions for this team, and to get to where he thought we could we will probably need some better, more consistant offense, and that's what he brings to the table...

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
well if TH goes, that would soften the load taken in by Rondell White... money wise...

this is some good news

Wild Card

Muckdog
Reaction score
Edcanes, where did you get this information? Is it accurate?

Wild Card

Muckdog
Reaction score
well if TH goes, that would soften the load taken in by Rondell White... money wise...

this is some good news
Well, you could substitute TH fore Abe Nunez, and Redmond for Castro, and that not only gets rid of more money for us, but really would give the Padres better talent...

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
Edcanes, where did you get this information? Is it accurate?
do you read EVER?

he said his friend emailed him...

he said this guy i 100% on Padres rumors...

:blink:

Teal Shadow

Muckdog
Reaction score
It doesn't change anything. I just don't want to take credit for the story... thats all.

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
It doesn't change anything. I just don't want to take credit for the story... thats all.
great news nonetheless

Wild Card

Muckdog
Reaction score
Hey, I am not complaining...I was just trying to see if it was reliable and not some idiot passing along rumors...

This is good...

Top Bottom