What's new

The Marlins can be a playoff team in 2020

yxnarbo

Muckdog
Reaction score
I wrote this late last night. It's a three slide article that outlines exactly how the Marlins can finish the 2020 season with 85 regular season wins. Let me know what you think.

SongInTheAir

Hammerhead
Writer
Reaction score
Counterpoint:

no, but they will be a lot better and take huge steps to a winning record in 2021.

SonOfJack

Omnichannel Integration Expert
Writer
Reaction score
Over/Under on wins is 64.5 last check, that to me is an easy over. But I also lose most of my bets so what do I know. I think they win something in the 70s.

FishFan95

Jumbo Shrimp
Reaction score
I would love to see the look on GiraffeNeckMarc's face if the Marlins finish in front of his Mets team!

marlinsmaniac

Muckdog
Reaction score
I mean it’s not COMPLETELY impossible that all of those situations happen. It’s actually what most championship teams are: a team where everyone has career years all at once. Let’s hope you’re right!

THRILLHO

Hammerhead
Reaction score
Shouldn't they make a thread like this regarding the Marlins !?
the thing(s) about the Reds:
1. They have a really strong rotation. Castillo, Gray, Bauer, Miley, DeSclafani
2. Probably league average pen at worst
3. Historically they hit better than last year so a bounce back offensively is not completely out of the question
4. Votto is aging. He wasn’t great last year but his floor is still extremely high. He’s one of the great players in the league and he absolutely could put together another great season.
5. They signed Moustakas which is a monstrous upgrade over what they had at 2nd last year. They’re still signing players
6. Senzel is a strong candidate for a big year.

They’re one of those teams that things could break big in either direction. I think the Marlins aren’t quite there yet. But as long as they stick to the plan and continue through the phases of rebuild without trying to skip a step they’ll get there. Villar and Dickerson are excellent additions for where they’re at. The marlins aren’t done signing either. They also have promise in the staff. It’s just that the Reds are in a different phase of the lifecycle

Bret Hart

No.1 Korean Fish Fan
Reaction score
I don't think we significantly will improve our team after the acquisition of some batters and coaches. But I believe it won't happen a 100+ lost season again

Last edited:

Michael

Wind Surge
VIP
Writer
Reaction score
I don't think we significantly will improve our team after the acquisition of some betters and coaches. But I believe it won't happen a 100+ lost season again
Definitely not a 100 loss season in 2020. 95 at worst, which would still be a 10 win improvement.

Top Bottom