What's new

The Marlins have to take it to another level

Teal Shadow

Muckdog
Reaction score
They have to split with the Phillies and take two out of three from the Mets next weekend. Burnett, Beckett, Penny better bring there "A" game

Bad trends:

*No shut down innings, it appears everytime the Marlins score the opp. come back to score.

*Pavano giving up too many HR early

*I don't know if this a trend but ever close call has gone the other way so far. Yes, that all so includes our pitchers getting squeeze on close pitches

Hotcorner

Muckdog
Reaction score
I agree. On the road, a split with the Phillies and 2 of 3 vs the Mets would be just fine. As far as pitching matchups go, I think the first 2 Phillies games are in our favor, while the 3rd and 4th are in theirs.

Monday, A.J. Burnett (0-0, 2.57) vs. Vicente Padilla (1-1, 3.46);
Tuesday, Josh Beckett (1-1, 3.29) vs. Joe Roa (0-2, 12.86);
Wednesday, Brad Penny (1-1, 9.00) vs. Brett Myers (0-1, 3.00);
Thursday, Carl Pavano (1-2, 5.30) vs. Kevin Millwood (2-0, 3.00).

That would leave Redman, A.J, and Josh to pitch against the Mets & a good shot at taking 2 of 3.

The Marlins have not been a good road team in recent years, that trend will have to change. I hate this unbalanced schedule, I get so sick of seeing the same teams OVER AND OVER again. Get a clue Selig...

Jrod1

Muckdog
Reaction score
i predict the marlins will go 5-2 on this road trip. millwood isnt going to beat us for a second time.

luckily we dont have to ace randy wolf. but we'll see, i believe in this team. we are only 2.5 games out of 1st place in the east, and 1.5 games out of 1st place in the wild card.

burnett, beckett, oenny, and pavano are all recently coming off of wins. this will be interesting.

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
woah...

no need to talk about the wild card this early...

the division? fine, but no WC

Burnett and Beckett didnt win... but the Fish did

Hotcorner

Muckdog
Reaction score
that's probably a pretty good prediction. I hope he's wrong too, but the Marlins just haven't won much on the road in the past few years for whatever reason. And so far this season they're 5-4 at home, and 1-4 on the road.

DurableTear

Muckdog
Reaction score
I hope I'm wrong to but like HC said the Marlins just haven't won much on the road in the past few years.

Hotcorner

Muckdog
Reaction score
Well so far they lost both with their two best pitchers starting.
Penny vs Myers, Pavano vs Millwood, I don't like our odds...

AJBurnett34

Muckdog
Reaction score
Yea we wont do to good on this road trip. We have been playing very bad and its just no way we can win alot right now. I hope we dont lose today but Millwood is a pretty good pitcher and can beat us again like last time plus its going to be Pavano pitching, he has struggles at bit.

Dante_evil

Muckdog
Reaction score
Well so far they lost both with their two best pitchers starting.
Penny vs Myers, Pavano vs Millwood, I don't like our odds...
Todays game is very winnable but tomorrows game is going to be tough if we dont score earlier in the game

Top Bottom