What's new

The official 2007 Formula 1 season

catchoftheday

Muckdog
Reaction score
the 2007 formula 1 season started this past weekend in Melbourne Australia. 2007 marks the first year without the great Michael Shumacher and his legendary number 1 ferrari, instead his place has been taken by the quiet and softspoken finnish driver Kimi Raikkonnen (ex McLaren driver and complete opposite of shummy in personality) who won his first race as ferrari driver. Also plenty of people changed teams, including the idol Fernando Alonso who went from renault to mclaren-mercedez, also a bunch of new drivers made their debut this year starting with the surprising debut of the brit Lewis Halmilton who reached the podium (3rd) and will be giving Alonso a run for his money as his team mate.

final results:

1- Kimi Raikkonen - Ferrari
2- Fernando Alonso - McLaren
3- Lewis Hamilton - McLaren
4- Nick Heidfeld - BMW
5- Giancarlo Fisichella - Renault
6- Felipe Massa - Ferrari (went from last in the grid (22nd) to number 6 - pretty impressive)
7- Nico Rosberg - Williams Toyota
8- Ralf Shumacher - Toyota
9- Jarno Trulli - Toyota
10- Heikki Kovalainen - Renault

Fastest Lap: Kimi R?ikk?nen 1:25.235

next race: Malaysia April 8th

catchoftheday

Muckdog
Reaction score
all in all ferrari's dominate.

sure.

... back in the 80's and 90's

things have changed my friend, things have changed. There is a lot more competition and a lot more money thrown in now a days.

OldSand

Muckdog
Reaction score
all in all ferrari's dominate.

sure.

... back in the 80's and 90's

things have changed my friend, things have changed. There is a lot more competition and a lot more money thrown in now a days.

Ferrari kinda sucked in late 80's early 90's with Jean Alesi among others. They only began winning again with Schumi. Good to see they can do well without him too. Hopefully they can maintain.

catchoftheday

Muckdog
Reaction score
ALONSO!
ALONSO!
ALONSO!

wins todays in malaysia

awesome race all around. flawless for McLaren.

next: Bahrain

:)

EndLine

Muckdog
Reaction score
Great race yesterday. Alonso definitely dominated the race and how about Hamilton...

catchoftheday

Muckdog
Reaction score
Great race yesterday. Alonso definitely dominated the race and how about Hamilton...

I didnt like his cockyness at first but man has he impressed me since, the way he held up both Massa and Raikkonen was SUPERB. he looked like a veteran, not a kid in his 2nd race.

OldSand

Muckdog
Reaction score
Man it's a tight fight right now for first place.

OldSand

Muckdog
Reaction score
they took it down...and I missed the crash sunday. I couldnt watch the ferraris sucking

Top Bottom