What's new

The Official Super Bowl XXXVII Thread

Rune

Muckdog
Reaction score
I will be home with my dad watching this game.

I feel the bucs Defence will prove the statement "Defense wins in The Playoffs" but I want the Raiders to win.

There are so many "sob stories" in this bowl. Sure some are ok but every five seconds I hear can Tim Brown finally get his bowl and then make his way home to see the birth of his twins.

Rich Gannon deserves that ring just to prove why he has had one of the best careers while in his prime. Even better than Dan Marino! If Rich Gannon can win this Bowl his prime IMO will run laps aroun Warren Moon and most of all DAN MARINO. Imo Dan Marino is the most overrated QB's of all time.

Stat's are not everything!

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Reaction score
So is Terry Bradshaw the best QB of all time?

Question.

Rune

Muckdog
Reaction score
Did I say best in his time no! Plus Gannon has yet to win.

What I said was Gannon in his prime is better than those who never won a Superbowl!

In his prime Gannon in my opinion is the better QB compared to Moon and everyone's precious Marino.

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Reaction score
I go along with you saying that stats are not everything, so I assume that winning is.

By that, does that mean that Terry Bradshaw is the greatest QB of all time.

Hell does that mean that Tom Brady or Trent Dilfer is a better QB than Dan Marino?

Question.

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Reaction score
or you could also use these logos....

VS

Rune

Muckdog
Reaction score
Nice to see the YUCS logo again.

Das in their prime(who knows if Brady has reached it yet) did they produce wins(making the playoffs every year) and games like Gannon. I don't think so!

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Reaction score
Didnt Gannon suck until about 4 years ago?

Rune

Muckdog
Reaction score
Didn't I say in his prime?

So are you saying that just because you win in the big game that does not make you great?

So if the Super Bowl not matter in determining greatness does that mean that Troy Aikman is not great?(I think Troy is great just trying to prove a point)

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Reaction score
I didnt know a player's prime began when you were 33.

I thought the traditional prime of a career was 29-33.

Have things officially changed now?

Rune

Muckdog
Reaction score
No Das prime means when you hit the best in your career.

What your thinking of is when a player is supposed too. Gannom is at the peak of his career I thought that's what prime meant?

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Reaction score
Didnt Marino make the playoffs all the time during his 'prime'

Rune

Muckdog
Reaction score
That's not the point I was making and you know that.

I said if Gannon does win today(which I don't think he will). He will have done something Marino and Moon did not do in their primes win the big one.

Once again I ask you if The Super Bowl has nothing to do with deceiding your greatness. Does that mean Troy Aikman is not great?

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Reaction score
Winning a Super Bowl should be a factor, but not the deciding factor, because winning the big one is just as much about the talent around you as how good you are.

Could Elway win the big one on his own???

no.

Elway only won the big one when he was not the focal point of his offense.

Does that make him less 'great'?

Question.

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
Gannon shouldnt even be close to the same level as Moon and Marino...... that is just ludacris

Da Raydas 38 Yucs 27

AJBurnett34

Muckdog
Reaction score
Da Raydas 38 Yucs 27

Yep we wil win, no doubt just there defense might knowck us out a little but with gannon as the QB its a no doubter the Raiders will win. :mischief

Rune

Muckdog
Reaction score
Lowell said Gannon was not as good as Marino because Gannon had talent around him.

And seeing he was the one that got furious when I dared say that Gannon was better than Marino.

So I'm gonna follow that.

Das so your saying Gannon's last few years did not happen. You keep on putting words in my mouth! If I remember I said GANNON IN HIS PRIME!!!!!

Tell me I did not say that!?

As you would say

Question.

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Reaction score
yes you said gannon in his prime....

what is your point....

do you eliminate the 10 years he sucked in this league before?

will gannon's prime last more than 5 years?

questions.

83Gator

Muckdog
Reaction score
Rune, I'm not sure what you're saying here. I know you think that Gannon is better than Marino was but they've both been to the same number of Super Bowls and as of this moment, they've each won the same number.

Even if the Raiders win, Gannon's four great years with one Super Bowl win doesn't surpass what Marino did. And I'm not even a Dolphin fan. I'm a Dolphin hater. But Marino is one of the best of all time and a cinch Hall of Famer, something Gannon will probably never be.

Lots of QBs have won Super Bowls and many of them aren't even close to Marino or Gannon. Doug Williams lead the Redskins to a Super Bowl win. That wasn't a Dilfer situation, a decent QB who didn't screw up a great team. But Williams isn't anywhere near the QB as Marino. Mark Rypien wasn't either, nor was Joe Theisman.

Winning a Super Bowl is definitely a part of measuring QB greatness but it is neither necessary nor sufficient. Winning a Super Bowl doesn't make you great and not winning one doesn't preclude you from greatness.

Latest posts

Top Bottom