What's new

The Packers get re-inforcements

Phlub

Muckdog
Reaction score
Okay the Packers have obviously been rennovating Lambeau Field for the past 3 years, and rennovation concludes in mid August. And already the Packers have jumped from 17 in the league in spending money to 10. Expected to wind up around the Top 5-7 when the dust settles, that equals trouble for opponenents even when Brett quits. Cuz we'll have the money to go get a QB. But that won't be nessacary, because Craig Nall will do fine. Not as good, but still be good.

And the Packer legacy will continue. The most successful team in the NFL since 1992, never recording a losing season. Worse record was 8-8. That says alot and how much Favre has carried us. But I think now we have enough young talent to continue to be good.

Just thought I should tell you all. For future reference.

Wild Card

Muckdog
Reaction score
I think the Phins last losing season was 1976...

But whatever...

Phlub

Muckdog
Reaction score
Then your a bit dusty,

The Pack is the only team to not have a losing season since 1992 along with your Fins. But we have a better record...

1992: 9-7
1993: 9-7 (Playoffs)
1994: 10-6 (Playoffs)
1995: 11-5 (Division Championship, Playoffs, NFC Championship Appearance)
1996: 13-3 (Division Championship, Playoffs, NFC Championship, Super Bowl Champions)
1997: 13-3 (Division Championship, Playoffs, NFC Championship, Super Bowl Appearance)
1998: 11-5 (Playoffs)
1999: 8-8
2000: 9-7
2001: 12-4 (Playoffs)
2002: 12-4 (Division Championship, Playoffs)

Division Championships: 4
Playoff Appearances: 8
NFC Championship Appearances: 3
NFC Championship Victories: 2
Super Bowl Appearances: 2
Super Bowl Championships: 1
MVPs For Favre: 3
Super Bowl MVPs: 1
Winning Percentage: 659%
Losing Seasons: 0
Total Record: 116-60

Truly amazing what the Packers have done with Favre. Our last losing season was a 4-12 year in 1991. But thats no worry.

For all the Fin fans....

I don't know your year by year, but I do know that your records are this....

Total Record: 108-68
Winning Percentage: 613%

So that is a credit to what you guys have done. Good job. But we've still done better!

GO PACK GO! GO PACK GO! GO PACK GO! GO PACK GO! GO PACK GO! GO PACK GO! GO PACK GO! GO PACK GO!

Wild Card

Muckdog
Reaction score
For all the Fin fans....

I don't know your year by year, but I do know that your records are this....

Total Record: 108-68
Winning Percentage: 613%

So that is a credit to what you guys have done. Good job. But we've still done better!
You've done better over the past decade overall. We've done better over the past three decades overall... :p :D But does it really matter? :shifty :thumbup

Phlub

Muckdog
Reaction score
Well we have 12 NFL World Championships, thats what counts. Because nobody else comes even close to that figure!

marlins02

at least you give us credit. i believe the late 80's were pretty bad for us WildCard. truth is i dont care about the past, i just want to win now. i want a parade down here with the Lombardi trophy (i know, PACKERS coach) more than anything. last year was heartbreaking.

minus

Muckdog
Reaction score
I think the Phins last losing season was 1976...

But whatever...
You're right Wild Card...

Phlub

Muckdog
Reaction score
If Wild Card is right then that is quite impressive.

marlins02

27 years, thats sweet.

the most important number to me is 29: 29 years since a super bowl title. lets end this on the 30 year anniversary in January of 2004

Phlub

Muckdog
Reaction score
Uh oh. Ross is right!

That makes it 15 years!

By the way Marlin----Green Bay has to end their 7 year SB drought next January. They already have their sideline in Houston reserved. So you guys can get there, but you'll have to settle for a loss. :p

GO PACK GO!

minus

Muckdog
Reaction score
How many losign seasons since year the existing of the Dolphins?

minus

Muckdog
Reaction score
Uh oh. Ross is right!

That makes it 15 years!

By the way Marlin----Green Bay has to end their 7 year SB drought next January. They already have their sideline in Houston reserved. So you guys can get there, but you'll have to settle for a loss. :p

GO PACK GO!
Keep Dreaming..........

marlins02

i knew '76 didnt sound right, i had heard that the late 80's were pretty bad for us.

Phlub, it sounds good January, 2004 in Reliant Stadium, Dolphins-Packers. but dont be so sure about the losing part, anything can happen in one game. now if we can just avoid getting the damn Wildcard, i hate that spot already (no offense wildcard). it holds us down.

RUN RICKY RUN!!! damn i wish i couldve renewed my season tickets

Phlub

Muckdog
Reaction score
Thats what I want Green Bay/Miami---Reliant Stadium, Houston

And well Minus with 12 NFL World Championships, I don't have to dream. You guys are sitting at 2 (correct me if I am wrong). So you have around 10 championships to make up.

But anyways just so you all know the Pack is gonna be around for about 3-5 years after Favre.

Especially with the young core of talent we have. We really are a young team. And thats whats so scary.

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Dasshole
Reaction score
of course most of the packers championships came in a era with less competition.

but still 12 is impressive.

minus

Muckdog
Reaction score
of course most of the packers championships came in a era with less competition.

but still 12 is impressive.
I don't care post NFL era so I don't give them all credit he thinks Green Bay deserves.

Phlub

Muckdog
Reaction score
Doesn't matter. 12 is 12. Period. And that is the number that has to be passed officially.

Sorry guys.

And now you just said the dumbest thing I have ever heard. Green Bay gets more credit then it deserves. Thats crap! If anything I should be giving it more credit.

How can you have a better history then....

City Stadium?

Curly Lambeau?

1921?

Lambeau Field?

The Best Fans in Sports (according to ESPN)?

The "Ultimate Team" as done by ESPN?

Don Hutson, Arnie Herber?

Vince Lombardi? Max McGee (who is a personal friend of me and my Dad)? Bart Starr? Hornung? Taylor? Nitschke? Wood? Jeter? Davis? Robinson? Thurston? Kramer? Favre? Green? Coffman? Jefferson?

We will have 30 guys in the Hall of Fame when James Lofton is inducted this August. 30! That ties the Bears (grr) for the most ever.

We still have more Super Bowls then the Dolphins minus the NFL Championships pre-Super Bowl Era.

Either way you twist or turn it Minus, Green Bay is the most historic and successful team to ever play football. PERIOD. No team matches Green Bay in History, Success, Fans, Legacy, and damn near everything else.

GO PACK GO!

marlins02

I hate to admit it, but when it comes to history and traidition in the 83 years of pro football, the Packers are it. although the Bears are right up there also

Top Bottom