What's new

The Positive?

Wild Card

Muckdog
Reaction score
Fortunately I went out tonight, so I did not see tonights games. I noticed after all we did score 8 runs ourselves. What were the bright spots for the offense tonight? Any HR's, doubles, RBI, stuff like that.

minus

Muckdog
Reaction score
Lee hit his 14th homer
Wow I'm not surprise he does something when is a blow out ...

SportsCenter

Muckdog
Reaction score
Lee HR , Cabrera 1 outfield assist , Pierre single , double 1 outfield assist and web gem diving catch ..

DurableTear

Muckdog
Reaction score
Lee hit his 14th homer
Wow I'm not surprise he does something when is a blow out ... That's Derrek Lee...

Wild Card

Muckdog
Reaction score
Well we scored 8 runs!

There wasn't any more offense than that???

Anyway, it may have killed some ERA's, but it only counts as one loss.

I just hope we can rebound with heart like he have always done, and win the next two. Shock those Baseball Tonight a**holes by doing that.

CapeFish

Muckdog
Reaction score
Our team ERA went up a run or so. Not too bad for giving up 25 runs. Pavano and Tejera ERA went up about 6 runs.

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
Pavano's era didnt go up that much.........i dont think

Wild Card

Muckdog
Reaction score
Our team ERA went up a run or so. Not too bad for giving up 25 runs. Pavano and Tejera ERA went up about 6 runs.
The team ERA went from 3.97 to 4.40

Jrod1

Muckdog
Reaction score
pavano's era went from 4.21 to 4.76 i think

levrault went from 2.16 to 3.86

and i know michaels is know in the 5.70's

Fish Fillet

Muckdog
Reaction score
I'm sorry, but it's hard to put a positive spin on this one.

What a complete debacle. I've never seen such an embarassing showing. You can look for postives all you want, but when it comes down to it, the Fish lost by two touchdowns and a field goal.

A rather auspicious start to the 34 game streak against teams above .500, to say the least. Although it's only one game, I think the writing is on the wall. Look for yet another horrific slide this year on a long roadie against teams with an actual pulse (yes, no more Mets and D-Rays, sorry to say). I figure 13-20 until August would be a major accomplishment, especially considering that several major facets of the line up will be gone before the streak against real teams is over.

The best I can come up with is that Captain Irrelevant struck again, with a homer after the game was decided. Once again D. Lee proves how worthless he is.

Sorry to be Mr. Neative yet again, and I'd love to be proven wrong.... BUt this is the same ol' story again. Marlins "compete" for a couple months and then fall flat, then the other shoe drops and the trades start going down.

Truly embarassing when you start setting records for futility.

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Reaction score
this game was just embarassing.

for every positive there were 5 negatives.

just put the game behind you and come back tomorrow.

jonnylons

Muckdog
Reaction score
You all have got to be kidding me...you dont see anything positive about this? First off, teams are going to have bad games. I am glad we got ours out of the way now. I seriously doubt the Red Sox are as good as they looked yesterday and we certainly arent as bad. That is one positive...

The other is it makes our team angry. You dont beat a dead horse and you certainly dont want to anger your opponent. The Marlins have a lot more talent than the Red Sux give credit, and if our team is going to be in the playoffs this year - they have to respond like men tonight and tomorrow. I want to see the Marlins close out the series with 2 more wins. Right now, their mettle is tested, they have been knocked down. Getting up, that is up to this team and no one else. That is a comforting thought in my mind...

Now, let's kick their A$$e$!!!! :angry :rock :nono :chair :guillotine :fyou

FreshFish

Muckdog
Reaction score
This loss can be a big positive, or the beginning of the end.

If they step up and show that they are playoff caliber, they will come out and take game 2 and 3.

This was an embarassment, headlines on mlb.com and BBT trashing this team.

Are they going to choose to be intimidated? or are they going to come
out and beat the BoSox?

I think Carl Pavano was very intimidated and set a negative tone early on.

I would hate to see the WQAM Hammer being right on this one . . . :banghead

farmer_fran

Muckdog
Reaction score
The one positive I saw was when Almonte threw at Fox, I think it woke the team up, and it may help them come together as a team.

Top Bottom