What's new

The Right Time for Robert Stratton

JBurque

Muckdog
Reaction score
So Robert Stratton strikes out - A lot. He also has great power and can turn a game at any at-bat. He has 26 homers, leading AAA by a convincing margin, leads the Isotopes in Extra base hits (36), and leads the PCL in Slugging (.621). Instead of having Hollandswoth(less is played) on the bench backing up the whole outfield lets bring up a guy with some pop who can get things done.............................as long as he doesn't have Dunn-like K's.

odom006

Muckdog
Reaction score
i dunno...... im kinda Happy with Holly on the bench and Banks....

Mordi is okay FOX SUXS..... "this year"

my only concern is our Bul Pen and without Toby Boreland its could get a litl Diffiult we are contending i think we should make a trade to get another arm in the pen.....

I have NP giving a Prospect and Mike Tejera or Almanza "I CANT STAY HEALTHY 4 a year " away.....

Fish Fillet

Muckdog
Reaction score
The bench is full of decent bats. If you want to give a guy with potential and pop a chance, let Castro play more than twice a year.

odom006

Muckdog
Reaction score
agreed..... Castro has pop so does Banks... but they get no P>T

JBurque

Muckdog
Reaction score
Thats a good point, i've been waiting for Castro for a awhile. Although I was pretty jazzed when we got pudge, I didn't think we necessarily needed him b/c of Ramon. I figured this would be his year to break out but back to the bench went he. Stratton has just impressed me since I see him all the time jacking 430ft bombers here in Albq.

The Marlin Man

Muckdog
Reaction score
uh guys, cabrera????, i dont know if stratton will produce in the bigs quite yet, but we dont have to think about that until lowell is gone, and hopefully he wont be.....

odom006

Muckdog
Reaction score
he is gone if we SUX in these next 18 games...... and im sure the players know that as well...

now if we come 9-9 or 10+ wins outta these next 18 games he stays cuz we would stil be contending 4 da WILD CARD SPOT

my Prediction 13-5

Arnie1941

Muckdog
Reaction score
Give Stratton a chance to grow. And, hopefully, a decent hitting instructor. Don't stagnate him on the bench as a back-up and PH. But, for God's sakes get somebody good to work with him in AAA.

Shamrock

Muckdog
Reaction score
Castro's last full season in the minors still haunts my dreams...something like .330 with 35 homers. We are hiding this man's potential in the closet and its killing me.

Fish Fillet

Muckdog
Reaction score
Although I never feel sorry for professional athletes for anything that happens on the field, I kinda feel for Castro. He's been sitting there for three years now, feet away from making an impression in the show, and never has got a chance to prove his worth.

And I've never, ever heard one negative comment come out of his mouth about it. Not when they dug up CJ's coffin, nor when we decided to donate to the Pudge retirment fund. If it were me, I would of Carl Everett'ed the Marlins asses' by now.

Shamrock

Muckdog
Reaction score
Fish Fillet Posted on Jun 24 2003, 4:45 PM
Although I never feel sorry for professional athletes for anything that happens on the field, I kinda feel for Castro. He's been sitting there for three years now, feet away from making an impression in the show, and never has got a chance to prove his worth.

And I've never, ever heard one negative comment come out of his mouth about it. Not when they dug up CJ's coffin, nor when we decided to donate to the Pudge retirment fund. If it were me, I would of Carl Everett'ed the Marlins asses' by now.

I couldn't have said it any better!

geemoney

Muckdog
Reaction score
Stratton looks like a "AAA 4-Life" player. The guy is hitting around .250, which isn't great considering they're playing in a hitters league. Sure he has 26 homers, but he only has 10 doubles. He's the definition of an all-or-nothing hitter. He's also got 105 strikeouts in 235 at-bats. First- who would you get rid of to promote Stratton? Second, he'd stinks as a PH because he K's half the time.

Top Bottom