What's new

The Rotation...

Wild Card

Muckdog
Reaction score
I pulled-up the stats on every pitcher in our rotation this year. Look what they have all done:

1) Brad Penny: Wins-4/ Losses-4/ ERA- 3.74/ OPA- . 272

2) Mark Redman: Wins-4/ Losses-2/ ERA- 2.83/ OPA- . 235

3) Carl Pavano: Wins-5/ Losses-6/ ERA- 4.21/ OBA- . 266

4) Dontrelle Willis: Wins-4/ Losses-1/ ERA- 3.00/ OBA- . 269

5) Tommy Phelps: Wins-2/ Losses-1/ ERA- 2.70/ OBA- . 248

6) Josh Beckett: Wins-2/ Losses-3/ ERA- 3.76/ OBA- . 257

I don't think that with either Pavano or Beckett the stats tell the story, because Beckett still has more K's than IP and Pavano for the most part has been dominant. I think after tonight Willis' ERA will dip under 3.00 and we will have three starters with an ERA below that. Imagine though what will happen when Beckett comes back. Phelps, who in games he has started has dominated early and slowly desinagrates through a game, will go back to the pen and will really help solidify us there, and then a healthy Beckett with what the current starters are doing is going to be huge.

If this pitching can stay like this, I really feel this team will be making a run by the beggining of or by mid-July.

Shamrock

Muckdog
Reaction score
I don't think anyone can disagree our staff has been one of the most dominant and consistent in the NL this year. Take away all the injuries and I would say it's the best staff in the NL just behind the Dodgers. They have kept us in games almost night in and night out. Lack of clutch hitting and meltdowns by certain relievers have kept us under .500 Ask any expert this team with the numbers that have been put up should be above that mark right now. We still have a shot and like Ramp said a few days ago the time is NOW. We have started off well by crushing the Brewers in game one. I just hope we saved enough gas to finish this thing through. go Fish!
:plain

Wild Card

Muckdog
Reaction score
Well it seems that if we can crush the Brewers offensively, we might be able to carry that momentum through the road trip and put ourselves over . 500. The thing that amazes me is that Ole Pettie Gammons is all of the sudden giving this team props for playing "extreamely well".

Now is the time we need to prevail and it seems like this team knows that. They will take advantage.

Hanleylicious

Muckdog
Reaction score
If only our bullpen would pitch as well and be as consistent as our starting rotation..... :mischief2 :mischief2

AJBurnett34

Muckdog
Reaction score
Our rotation has been solid but our Bullpen has sucked ver badly for the exception of some. Dontrelle Willis has been our best starter up to this point. Pavano has pitched well in all his starts and he should of had more wins if it wasnt for our lack of clutch hitting. I think we are starting to put things together and with this Road trip coming we should be way more than .500....

Marlins Bandit

Muckdog
Reaction score
"they have been mediocre...all of them." :rolleyes:

The rotation has been amazing and there is no 2 ways about it. We need to get Beckett back. If they can somehow keep this up then we should be winning a lot more in the future.

Wild Card

Muckdog
Reaction score
Well, at this point I don't think it is a matter of getting the rotation to perform (they have done it for a while now) but it is a matter of keeping the offense this potent. If they can hit like we know we can WHEN IT MATTERS MOST, than this team is going to steal the Wild Card. I don't think there should be any question about that.

Hotcorner

Muckdog
Reaction score
You left out two pitchers who have also been part of the rotation:

A.J. Burnett: Wins-0 / Losses-2 / ERA 4.70 / OPA- .217
Justin Wayne: Wins-0 / Losses-2 / ERA 11.81 / OPA-.375

Wild Card

Muckdog
Reaction score
I left them out because they were only in briefly and will not return to the rotation later in the seaosn at all...

Wild Card

Muckdog
Reaction score
But Tejera wasn't really a starter. He was really more of a "seat filler" if you will for the rotation.

That was originally Phelps job too, but I decided to put him up there because he has remained in the rotation for a while now...

Hotcorner

Muckdog
Reaction score
No prob. I just added them since you said "every pitcher in our rotation this year." Also you could say the same thing about Tommy Phelps.

Michael Tejera: wins-1 / losses-3 / ERA 5.11 / BAA .288

If you leave out these 3 guys, the rotation has definately been stellar.

I mentioned it before but just to let it sink in...
Mark Redman has outpitched Bartolo Colon so far, the guy we nearly gave up Brad Penny and Adrian Gonzalez for just to get a 1-year rental.

Wild Card

Muckdog
Reaction score
Well I was purposely leaving them out to make it look better, but you really don't have to include them.

SIX starters is enough to list, none the less eight. ;) :p

MarlinsFans46

Muckdog
Reaction score
I understand why you left him out. It's OK :) . I think Michael would have settled down if he was kept in the rotation, but thankfully Mark Redman returned so he could go back into the bullpen.

Top Bottom