What's new

The Sims: The Movie

EndLine

Muckdog
Reaction score
20th Century Fox has acquired feature rights to the life simulation computer game "The SIMS" from Electronic Arts, and has set project up with Fox-based John Davis.The five-year-old franchise is the best selling PC game in history, with worldwide sales topping 85 million, bringing in over $1.6 billion. Pic will be a live-action version.

Steve Asbell is overseeing the project for Fox with SIMS Studio head Rod Humble managing the creative property for Electronic Arts. Brian Lynch will script; story is under wraps with talent yet to be named.

"'The SIMS has done an interactive version of an old story, which is what it's like to have infinite power and how do you deal with it," said Humble. "Given that that's an old story, you can imagine how easily that would translate to traditional story telling."

Davis' most recent projects include "Norbit," "When A Stranger Calls," and "Eragon."

Lynch scripted and helmed upcoming "Big Helium Dog," and penned "Scary Movie 3," and is managed by Benderspink.

Passion

Muckdog
Reaction score
Davis' most recent projects include "Norbit," "When A Stranger Calls," and "Eragon."

Lynch scripted and helmed upcoming "Big Helium Dog," and penned "Scary Movie 3," and is managed by Benderspink.
Um, pass.

:psign

MarlinFan10

Muckdog
Reaction score
I couldn't possible see how a movie like this could work, but then I saw it was behind the visionary who brought us cinematic masterpieces like Norbit and Eragon.

I think this movie just made the top of my list of "movies never to see...ever"

MiRi

Muckdog
Reaction score
So who's gonna be Bella Goth?

Oh man, they're gonna ruin The Sims. I'd probably still watch it anyways. :lol

Dodge

Muckdog
Reaction score
I like playing the Sims. I made Jesus Christ and put him in my neighborhood once.

No way in hell I'm seeing this.

poptart

Muckdog
Reaction score
this is like The Game of Life (the board game) being turned into a movie.

what a dumb idea.

MiRi

Muckdog
Reaction score
Well, the game does come with some kind of storylines so it could work out. I still don't think it'll be an amazing movie or anything. I'd watch because of my curiosity, but I'll wait for DVD and rent it.

Passion

Muckdog
Reaction score
It'd be hillarious if the movie was subtitled and they retained the Simlish.

MiRi

Muckdog
Reaction score
:lol That would be funny. I actually thought of what they would do with simlish.

FutureGM

Muckdog
Reaction score
From the visionaries that brought you such classics as Norbit, When a Stranger Calls, and Eragon, comes the worst video-game related movie ever....

THE SIMS........THE MOVIE!

(Uwe Boll pending as director, I'm sure)...

I liked When a Stranger Calls.

Had more to do with Camille Belle and that hot blond that was her friend but still.

Beinfest4Prez

Muckdog
Reaction score
:lol That would be funny. I actually thought of what they would do with simlish.

:mischief

Top Bottom