What's new

Thoughts on the Car of Tomorrow (CoT)?

EndLine

Muckdog
Reaction score
Most drivers seem to hate it (Kyle B. blasted it after he won Bristol). I have a feeling that the CoT (or the CoY as DW likes to call it) will make the races less exciting because the cars are less likely to spin if they get bumped. I hope I'm wrong, but we'll see what happens next at Martinsville.

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
for those wondering, CoT= car of tomorrow

Flamarlins3

Muckdog
Reaction score
This weekend may be a little tough imo. Martinsville is usually a place thats tough to pass already without bumping. This will probably make the passing even tougher. It's going to go through its kinks, but it definitely is for the better. The cars are a hell of a lot safer which is definitely important. And people are obviously going to hate it at first simply because its different. People like what they are used to. And I've actually heard a decent amount of praise about the car. As time goes on they'll correct any problems with the car. Right now I'm on the fence about it, but I assume as time goes on the quality of racing will get better.

I'll be wondering the garage all weekend so I'm excited to get a close up look at it.

Dodge

Muckdog
Reaction score
One big emphasis about the CoT is that the cars will be less aero dependent and more dependent on horsepower and handling. While the Hendricks, Roush, and Childress teams will still have a huge edge over lesser teams, it's not going to be as big anymore, so I expect we'll see more dark horses winning races and less Johnsons and Gordons in victory lane, which is always a good thing.

Passion

Muckdog
Reaction score
so I expect we'll see more dark horses winning races and less Johnsons and Gordons in victory lane, which is always a good thing.
Never a good thing.

Dodge

Muckdog
Reaction score
so I expect we'll see more dark horses winning races and less Johnsons and Gordons in victory lane, which is always a good thing.
Never a good thing.

Please, even if you're a fan, who wants to see Johnson or Gordon win every other race? :rolleyes: Can it get any more boring?

Hammerhead

Muckdog
Reaction score
Never a good thing.
Always a good thing.

Passion

Muckdog
Reaction score
Never a good thing.

Please, even if you're a fan, who wants to see Johnson or Gordon win every other race? :rolleyes: Can it get any more boring?
Thanks for taking that seriously and literally.

Lefty

Muckdog
Reaction score
Are Johnson and Gordon still on the same team?

Dodge

Muckdog
Reaction score
Never a good thing.

I should have remembered that your mind is in the gutter, I suppose. :mischief

TarHeel324

Muckdog
Reaction score
Yeah

Gordon is the owner of the 48

Dodge

Muckdog
Reaction score
Yeah

Gordon is the owner of the 48

Well, in theory.

It's still a Hendrick car.

Passion

Muckdog
Reaction score
Never a good thing.

I should have remembered that your mind is in the gutter, I suppose. :mischief
Hahaha, that wasn't my intent but that is actually better then what I meant.

I was just saying, as a JJ fan, I wouldn't be opposed to him winning every week.

Carry on.

FishFan24

Muckdog
Reaction score
Never a good thing.

I feel the same way every time I see a Roush driver win.

Anyway I think the jury is still out on the COT. I can see it defianatly evening the playing field a little bit more as we could see the Petty's and Gordons (Robby that is) be a lot more competitive in this car.

And I do agree that it is absolutely hideous.

Hammerhead

Muckdog
Reaction score
Unfortunately, yes.

Flamarlins3

Muckdog
Reaction score
Great race today...

Didn't hear too many complaints about the CoT this weekend, but there were some.

I am officially Jimmie Johnson's good luck charm. Seven of the ten Nextel Cup races I've ever been to he's won. The truck race Saturday was ridiculous. They shouldn't run at Martinsville. It's just wreck after wreck. I mean 15 cautions in 250 laps? dear god

Flamarlins3

Muckdog
Reaction score
What I loved about the finish was the respect that was there. Gordon could have wrecked him very easily and won the race. He raced him as clean as was possible. Made for a great finish.

Top Bottom