What's new

Tigers All-Star

RossInfoMan

Muckdog
Reaction score
A very interesting question from Pardon the Interruption: Who would be the Tigers All-Star as of now. They only have 4 guys hitting over .200 and only 1 pitcher with a win.
Here are the "favorites":
Pitchers
Mike Maroth: 0-5, 4.55 ERA
Nate Cornejo: 1-1, 4.40
Adam Bernero: 0-3, 4.12

Hitters
Gene Kingsale: .316, 0 hr, 1 rbi
Ramon Santiago: .255, 0, 4
Bobby Higginson: .238, 1, 7
Eric Munson: .167, 2, 8

Rune

Muckdog
Reaction score
No one on that team deserves it so I say Franklyn German will be called up by then(if not by now) and make The All star team.

Give it too one of their prospects who is due to be called up soon.

AJBurnett34

Muckdog
Reaction score
Either Kingsale or Bobby higginson but no one deserves it more than Carlos Pena for me...

Rune

Muckdog
Reaction score
i think German is already up....
Ok I wasn't sure

tigersfan1

Muckdog
Reaction score
Guys, didn't you know we have a team full of TRIPLE-A all stars?

I would have to say Franklyn German too since someone must be appointed off this team. He's really heating up, he had 4 K's in 1 1/3 innings I believe over the weekend.

You guys say that one pitcher has a win, but they deserve a lot more wins. A lot of the starts have been quality ones, they are just getting "Weavered" by the "offense" that is scoring a "whopping" 2 runs a game. Way to support the pitchers there guys! I think the main problem is that they only have 5 HR; no power on this team. I'm still amazed at some of the games these clowns are able to lose. Like Sunday, they got 10 hits, 4 walks off the Royals while the Tigers starting pitcher went the whole game surrendering only 4 hits and no walks. They still manage to lose on the most awful base-running I have ever seen, and getting doubled up on line drives with the bases juiced. And for a defense that is third in MLB, they made 2 errors in the 9th to to let a runner, who didn't even get a hit, score! What a joke! They are up against Oakland's big three next; thank god for finals so I can't watch that debacle!

LOL! It's sad when you are looking forward to the Lions' season. alert Jay Leno, he has another Detroit team to pick on coming up soon! Although Ford says the Lions will be better, I highly doubt it!

tigersfan1

Muckdog
Reaction score
Either Kingsale or Bobby higginson but no one deserves it more than Carlos Pena for me...
Pena has 19 K's in 49 at bats and only 1 HR. I think some of that has to do with the lineup he is in and the fact that he hits terrible at CoPa, but there no way an all-star should whiff that much. Some are even calling him Karlos Pena! LOL!

And I think Gibson and Trammell would do better as players, because they certainly don't know how to manage a ball game! The managerial gaffes they are making are starting to bug me. We can't blow as many games as we have with stupid mistakes with the team we have.

Joe

Muckdog
Reaction score
Give it to the owner, gotta feel bad that he is paying for this crap.

MotownWebGuy

Muckdog
Reaction score
My vote is for Paws the mascot, although he's only batting .220 with 0 HRs and 2 RBIs. :confused

:lol I feel bad for the Tigers. I really do.

Have you contacted Tony the Tiger? He's Grrrrrrrrreat.

DurableTear

Muckdog
Reaction score
The Tigers are in the same situation the Marlins were in 1998 and 1999 but way worse :plain :confused

Rune

Muckdog
Reaction score
Not really, because THe Tigers are not coming off a high of a World Series win. The 98 Marlins were one of The worst disappointments in history.

yankeefan21

Muckdog
Reaction score
Hey silly tigersfan, did you notice - while stealing my icon - that you are wearing a YANKEES collar?

That is all.

:mischief2

Wild Card

Muckdog
Reaction score
When I read the title of this topic, I was LMAO.

Too bad they don't have Fick anymore... I think Selig would be liked even MORE than he is now (haha) if he made the Tigers forfet their All-Star...That would be great...

tigersfan1

Muckdog
Reaction score
Hey silly tigersfan, did you notice - while stealing my icon - that you are wearing a YANKEES collar?

That is all.

:mischief2
I didn't notice that :)
I'll have to change that. No cheering for the Yankees! I just thought the guy was cute; didn't notice the collar. I haven't seen you post either because I don't come here that often. Isn't it the guy from the Disney movie Lilo and Stitch? Well, he's all yours again :)

tigersfan1

Muckdog
Reaction score
When I read the title of this topic, I was LMAO.

Too bad they don't have Fick anymore... I think Selig would be liked even MORE than he is now (haha) if he made the Tigers forfet their All-Star...That would be great...
Robert Fick is even a pathetic excuse for an all-star. He is an average player who also happens to be a drunk and have a foul mouth. The only guy on the team that deserved to go was Weaver but he got traded.

Umm, why would it be great to make us forfeit? The game is for the fans that is why every team gets one. I'm not saying that we have a player that would go on any other team, but more teams should forefit too - like the 7-20 Indians!

Phlub

Muckdog
Reaction score
I must be dreaming!

The thread title actually has "Tigers" and "All-Star" TOGETHER???!!!

Man I didn't even know the Tigers had players! Let alone all*stars! :eek:

Latest posts

Top Bottom