What's new

Tim Lincecum called up by Giants

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
He will make his major league debut Sunday night on national tv vs Cole Hamels and the Phillies

He spent only 62 innings in the minors, where his final minor league statistics almost defy comprehension: 6-0 with a 0.99 ERA. He allowed 26 hits and 23 walks in 63 2/3 innings while striking out 104.

His stats this season have been even more impressive. After making the jump from high Class A San Jose to Triple-A Fresno, Lincecum allowed only one run in five starts, going 4-0, 0.29 while holding opponents to a .119 batting average. He struck out 46 batters in 31 innings while walking 11.

“Oh, man that was hard,” Stewart said. “He’s just a max-effort guy with a really different windup and you can’t see the ball at all until it’s right on top of you. It gets on you real quick.

“He kind of leans back over second base and then comes right over the top. Guys on our club who have been in the big leagues said he’s the toughest guy they ever faced too, so that should tell you something.

“And though you only get a very short glance of the ball before it’s on you, the stuff is just nasty on top of that. He was throwing everything for strikes. I mean he located everything and painted the corners with his fastball, worked on the inner half when he felt like it.

“His curveball was really good, a good hard-breaking spike curveball. He threw it for a first-pitch strike, a second-pitch strike, a third-pitch strike. You get the idea–he pretty much threw it whenever he wanted to and located it wherever he wanted to.

“I’m not really sure why he’s down here, but for a guy who was drafted last year . . . that guy is filthy.”
--22 year old 3b prospect Ian Stewart of the Rockies

Stewart is moving to the OF I hear. But thats neither here no there.

Wish Sinkbeil could move through the system and slap people around like Lincecum has...meteroic rise for this kid.

MVPosey

Muckdog
Reaction score
Lincecum...Cain...Zito...Lowry...We pretty much have our rotation set for a long time

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Reaction score
The Giants have a damn good foundation for their staff for a long time.

TSwift25

Muckdog
Reaction score
That team is ridiculously set up talent wise this season and next.

Hell, can Barry hit 815?

Reaction score
Under... and I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say Lincecum is the real deal... :p

FutureGM

Muckdog
Reaction score
The Giants need some batters out there who AREN'T eligible for Social Security next season. :thumbup

The_Godfather

Muckdog
Reaction score
Just a reminder that the game is starting in 5 minutes on ESPN. I am really excited to see Lincecum, I hear his delivery is quite awkward and hurts your elbow just watching him throw, but obviously it is very effective and works for him.

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
so pumped...

and yea Godfather... he throws very over the top

TSwift25

Muckdog
Reaction score
I'm really excited to see him, and how his K numbers translate to major league hitters.

Night Phantom

I think he'll burn through the Phillies lineup thanks to lots of K's and inspired Giant D.

Night Phantom

2-0 Phils thanks to a Rollins single and Victorino jack

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
man, he's thrown a bunch of pitches

well he struck out 3 in the inning

Top Bottom