What's new

Time to think outside the box

Backin2008

Muckdog
Reaction score
The Marlins should try to get a young RF like Murton, Lane or Hawpe and stick Hermida in CF. He would be as good defensively as Amezaga, Ross or any of the other garbage the Marlins currently have for CF. All those teams need pitching and the Marlins have alot of extra SP in the minors to deal.

Shamrock

Muckdog
Reaction score
Injury problems...no way we should move him there.

TheDon

Muckdog
Reaction score
The Marlins should try to get a young RF like Murton, Lane or Hawpe and stick Hermida in CF. He would be as good defensively as Amezaga, Ross or any of the other garbage the Marlins currently have for CF. All those teams need pitching and the Marlins have alot of extra SP in the minors to deal.

Um........no

Reaction score
Bad Idea Here...

Especially since Hawpe and Murton are part of their organizations and they arent going anywhere, any time soon. I see Jones leaving Chicago long before Murton does, and Hawpe is a Rockie for the long-run.

Hermedia...Center Field...maybe on the road sometimes...but in PPS or DS...no shot.

Eddie Altamonte

Muckdog
Reaction score
Wasn't his injury a leg injury of some kind? and we gonna have him put more stress on his legs?

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
Wasn't his injury a leg injury of some kind? and we gonna have him put more stress on his legs?
I thought it was hip

Backin2008

Muckdog
Reaction score
Man, you guys are acting like Hermida is an old, broken down player. He's a kid and he's had all winter to recover. He is at least as good a fielder as anyone that played CF for the Marlins last season.

Out of the Past

Muckdog
Reaction score
Well if Jeremy was a good fielder then Jeremy in CF and a combination of Alfredo, Cody and Joe in RF would be another option but Jeremy is NOT a good fielder. Keep Jeremy in RF.

Shamrock

Muckdog
Reaction score
Man, you guys are acting like Hermida is an old, broken down player. He's a kid and he's had all winter to recover. He is at least as good a fielder as anyone that played CF for the Marlins last season.
it's not a bad idea, but putting an injury prone type in a position that requires a helluva lot of running doesnt make sense right now

Reaction score
If I had faith in Hermida in CF then I would say maybe platoon Cody & Borchard in RF. But I don't have that kind of confidence in Hermida as a CF. They can experiment with it all they want in ST though, just don't get him injured again.

Backin2008

Muckdog
Reaction score
The argument here is to play Hermida in CF and go get a new RF. Ross and Borchard belong on the bench. Ross is a career .220 hitter and Borchard is a .209 hitter.

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
A Ross/Borchard platoon would be nice

meanwhile, you dont put Hermida in CF. He is barely average in RF to begin with. Ad in his bad wheels/hip and that has all the makings of a disaster.

Reaction score
The argument here is to play Hermida in CF and go get a new RF. Ross and Borchard belong on the bench. Ross is a career .220 hitter and Borchard is a .209 hitter.
Please, I beg of your kind to learn the meaning of OBP and SLG, especially SLG when it comes to Borchard and Ross. There is more to offense than batting average.

As far obtaining a new RF, I don't see how a quality RF would be any easier to find than a quality CF. None of the potential RF mentioned are on the market. And even then, I would probably try one of them in CF before Hermida.

Backin2008

Muckdog
Reaction score
Ross career OPS is .697 and Borchard's is .648. Juan Pierre has a career OPS of .727 so there you go.

Big_Rob

Muckdog
Reaction score
There's a reason I call the guy Hermierda. He's awful.

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
lol

prinmemito

Muckdog
Reaction score

:lol

Give it a rest. The kid is just going to be 23 years old! He played injured last season. He'll improve. I see him putting up this line: .280/.360/.430

Top Bottom