What's new

Todd Linden claimed

Linden was waived by the Giants and claimed by the fish. Gall was designated for assignment.

I doubt Gall gets claimed.

And Linden is just another Joe Borchard. Color me meh.

Pnino

Muckdog
Reaction score
I don't know how to feel about this. Is this good or bad? I'm clueless. :confused

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
Lovin this move... It can't hurt. Maybe he'll be lightning in a bottle.

fauowls44

Muckdog
Reaction score
He's a few years younger than Borchard, maybe a bit more upside.

MarlinFan10

Muckdog
Reaction score
This move certainly can't hurt. It's low rish and he could randomly hit a bunch of homers if he gets lucky while he's here.

Ralph

Muckdog
Reaction score
I love this move. He can play cf and has some pop.

Nny

Muckdog
Reaction score
Low risk and possible high reward...he's had a good minor league career, and only 26. Even if he can't become more then a AAAA player, it's not like we lose much. I'm happy.

And he's not Joe Botch-ard.

Former collegiate first round MLB pick. Switch hitter. Good power but nothing else at all.

We already have one of these :shifty

Bucklin12

Muckdog
Reaction score
He absolutely owned the PAC-10... his OPS his senior year was 1042, and I think he was a Pacific league all-star in 05. I love this move as well.

Wow, I feel refreshed... a move I have some confidence in from the FO.

yandro

Muckdog
Reaction score
Former collegiate first round MLB pick. Switch hitter. Good power but nothing else at all.

We already have one of these :shifty

At least Borchard strikes out "ONLY" 35% of the time. This guy is over 40% this year....

Yes, he is Borchard's mini-me and I am delighted to have him.

I'd love to see the Marlins take a chance on a catcher somewhere like this.
The fact that they gave Olivo $2 million without even taking him to arbitration(still scratching my head) and almost refuse to sit him, and the only C they brought in was Baker who we could of kept for nothing just a year ago but felt fit to waive him...I doubt it happens.

yandro

Muckdog
Reaction score
He absolutely owned the PAC-10... his OPS his senior year was 1042, and I think he was a Pacific league all-star in 05. I love this move as well.

You want to take a guess who had an OPS of 1.057 his senior year and PAC-10 All star in 1999? I'll give you a hint....graduated from Stanford....

You want to take a guess who had an OPS of 1.057 his senior year and PAC-10 All star in 1999? I'll give you a hint....graduated from Stanford....

John Gall?

Nny

Muckdog
Reaction score

Linden does have better career minor league stats though, with both sharing similiar time at certain leagues (One year of lots of time in AA, 4 years of AAA), with better AVG/OBP/SLG/OPS (not much in all but still better). Linden's minors BB/SO ratio of 0.52 isn't sexy, but it also isn't Borchard's 0.38.

I'm not saying Linden is going to be some kind of savior...but I'd rather have him then Borchard.

Top Bottom