What's new

Tom Koehler

Mickey Mantis

Muckdog
Reaction score
Even though his sample size isn't really that much...what are your guys thoughts on Koehler so far? I always thought he had the stuff to be a decent/good third or fourth starter in a rotation. From the looks of it he has a plus fastball (93-96mph), 2 seamer (90-92mph), hard slider (87-90mph) and pretty nasty breaking ball. Despite that leadoff homerun against the DBacks the other night, Koehler pitched very well.

Wild Card

Muckdog
Reaction score
He's been underrated in our system for like four years. Can't believed he was overlooked so many times, especially after his 2010 season in Double-A, but he's got a chance to do something now. Like Rich and Tommy were saying during the broadcast, he's been a winner just about every stop along the way and has always figured out a way to post a "W" in the box score... Hopefully he can continue to perform this way.

Erick

LumberKing
Reaction score
He's been underrated in our system for like four years. Can't believed he was overlooked so many times, especially after his 2010 season in Double-A, but he's got a chance to do something now. Like Rich and Tommy were saying during the broadcast, he's been a winner just about every stop along the way and has always figured out a way to post a "W" in the box score... Hopefully he can continue to perform this way.

They say the same thing about Ricky Nolasco.

FutureGM

Muckdog
Reaction score
I doubt he's going to stick at this level, but maybe a 5th starter

Wild Card

Muckdog
Reaction score

And Ricky is actually proving to be worth something right now... Not to say he's been very good for a long time, but he won enough games to get paid and stick around in the rotation every single year for eight freakin' years. If Tom Koehler has Ricky Nolasco's career I'll be cool with that.

Wild Card

Muckdog
Reaction score
Koehler's walk rate is not very encouraging.

The results have been OK, though... lol

FutureGM

Muckdog
Reaction score
It's very easy to fall into the trap of overhyping your team's prospects...see the Yankees and how much value they placed on Manny Banuelos and Dellin Betances until recently.

Wild Card

Muckdog
Reaction score
It's very easy to fall into the trap of overhyping your team's prospects...see the Yankees and how much value they placed on Manny Banuelos and Dellin Betances until recently.

Who is over hyping anyone? All I had said was he went under the radar in our organization for quite a long time and I hope he does well. But I also said if his career turns out like Ricky Nolasco's I'd be happy with that... so maybe I was hyping him up to be extremely average? lol.

He will be what he was always projected to be, a solid long man out of the pen/spot starter if necessary. Kind of like a Brian Moehler.

Wild Card

Muckdog
Reaction score
He will be what he was always projected to be, a solid long man out of the pen/spot starter if necessary. Kind of like a Brian Moehler.

Brian Moehler's stuff was probably more comparable to mine than to Tom Koehler's....

I didnt say the pitchers were similar. Just that their roles would be.

Michael

Wind Surge
VIP
Writer
Reaction score
Ah, Brian Moehler.
Idk why I liked watching him pitch so much.

Wild Card

Muckdog
Reaction score
I didnt say the pitchers were similar. Just that their roles would be.

I just like making fun of Brian Moehler... Sorry lol

fanofthefish

Marlins Historian
Reaction score
He did well and I really hope he can continue, but I don't have much confidence that he will. Long term he could be a valuable bullpen arm

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Reaction score

And Ricky is actually proving to be worth something right now... Not to say he's been very good for a long time, but he won enough games to get paid and stick around in the rotation every single year for eight freakin' years. If Tom Koehler has Ricky Nolasco's career I'll be cool with that.

cant wait to see how the marlins fail in the nolsasco trade.

Top Bottom