What's new

Tommy Hutton on 790

Out of the Past

Muckdog
Reaction score
I don't usually like Tommy very much but he was just on 790 and was very informative:

Julio
=====
- will get the night off tonight
- would get the 9th in a save situation Tuesday
- One or two more struggles and a change would be (or should) made (not sure which of the two he said)
- there's a number of pitchers who can possibly close
- can't continue messing up at the end as it demoralizes the team
- scouts say he's trying too hard to impress the new team

Hermida
=======
- not ready for another 2 or 3 weeks
- will play some minor league games once he's ready
- will have to win a job once he joins the team

Tank
====
- would bet he's ready by the weekend series with the Braves

Hammer & Hanley
===============
- will likely miss a couple of games
- need to be careful with Hanley b/c hamstrings can linger

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
Thank you so much for posting that.

I suppose the main question right now is who gets sent down once Tankersley comes back.
if Pinto is out of options, my guess is Lindstrom or Jason Wood(highly unlikely with all these injuries)

Out of the Past

Muckdog
Reaction score
Thank you so much for posting that.

I suppose the main question right now is who gets sent down once Tankersley comes back.
if Pinto is out of options, my guess is Lindstrom or Jason Wood(highly unlikely with all these injuries)
Why would Pinto be out of options? Last year was his first year. I'm not sure how the options work but don't they get 3 years where they can be sent up and down?

FreshFish

Muckdog
Reaction score
Hermida having to win the job back? that doesn't make sense to me, especially when Ross and Borchard are the backup options

TSwift25

Muckdog
Reaction score
Hermida having to win the job back? that doesn't make sense to me, especially when Ross and Borchard are the backup options

I hope it means he has to play well to keep the starting spot, not that he'd have to win the RF job back (at least that's what I hope).

MarlinFan10

Muckdog
Reaction score
Thanks for posting that. Hopefully he's right about Julio.

prinmemito

Muckdog
Reaction score
I doubt Pinto gets sent back down when Tank comes back, unless he comes up with another 3 walk and no out inning like he managed yesterday.

Lindstrom is the most likely candidate to be sent down.

Sirspud

Muckdog
Reaction score
I like Tommy, I don't know why anyone wouldn't. He brings a personality to the booth that is very fitting for the Marlins and is one of the reasons why I enjoy watching Marlins games so much.

I think at this point that it is pretty obvious that Pinto should be the first man from the pen to get sent down.

Top Bottom