What's new

Tonight was a game we would have lost a year ago

Marlins2003

Muckdog
Reaction score
Did anyone else feel like tonight's game was 2006 all over again?

Except perhaps for the outcome.

For those players who were here last season and went through those agonizing defeats at the hands of the Braves this had to be very, very sweet.

Considering where we are at 9-10 compared to last season when we were 6-13 and heading south, and getting here without half our starters and half-a-Miggy, our R and CFers on the DL, our closer in question, some Dutch kid who never pitched above A ball pitching tomorrow and a journeyman minor leaguer yesterday we've done pretty well for ourselves. Grabbing even one more from the Braves before they leave town puts us within striking distance in our division. If not this next week, soon.

I want to repeat myself, we didn't lose tonight. It is a new season. There's reason for hope.

There are alot of teams who wish they were the Marlins tonight.

louiecastillo1

Muckdog
Reaction score
I just hope we keep scoring the way we have. it hasn't been much fun the last couple
of years struggling to get more than four runs and winning purely on pitching.
Hopefully we can continue to hit the long ball the way we have.

Shamrock

Muckdog
Reaction score
this has really been a nice little run after a miserable one...and considering our huge amount of injuries

Out of the Past

Muckdog
Reaction score
I don't know what's more surprising, the great hitting or the poor starting pitching.

prinmemito

Muckdog
Reaction score
I don't know what's more surprising, the great hitting or the poor starting pitching.

i'm not surprised by the hitting. we hit 182 jacks last season.

i am very surprised by how bad our starting pitching has been.

Shamrock

Muckdog
Reaction score
I expected regression from a few of our SP, but not this bad. The hitting has been marvelous

Reaction score

Well, we are missing JJ and Nolasco, and, comparing it to last year's April, the staff has improved much, baring walks and high ERAs. Willis/Olsen/Sanchez are still 8-1.

That said, keep the streak alive; good job by the pen, and offense, keep clicking!

Out of the Past

Muckdog
Reaction score

Well, we are missing JJ and Nolasco, and, comparing it to last year's April, the staff has improved much, baring walks and high ERAs. Willis/Olsen/Sanchez are still 8-1.

That said, keep the streak alive; good job by the pen, and offense, keep clicking!
I don't think the starting pitching has been bad due to injuries. So far all the starts have been made by our regular starters except 3 or 4 starts and the replacements pitched well in a couple of those.

Top Bottom