What's new

Tonight's game

IrishHarrington

Muckdog
Reaction score
went to the game tonight i am furious at this teams lack of discipline , defensively we may be the weakest team fundamentally i have ever seen so many errors and even worse so many wrong decisions, so many misplayed balls . Offensively particulary against pitchers who have experience and dont have overpowering stuff we will swing at ANYTHING . Complete lack of effort tonight , poor managing , not much else to say except I hate HATE smets fans

louiecastillo1

Muckdog
Reaction score
Perry Hill needs to come back and whip them into shape defensively. Offensively
they struggled like hell tonight but have done a pretty good job overall this
season. I never thought it would be the pitching that would kill us this year.

canada-marlin24

Muckdog
Reaction score
yeah like i get scared whenever cabrera throws the ball but w/e i hate mets fans too (with a passion)

PBCMarlinsFan

Muckdog
Reaction score
A few things on tonight's game:

-Mitre has firmly established himself in the Marlins rotation. I was doubtful he would stick, but he has erased all remaining doubts in my mind after tonight.
- When will the Marlins learn how to hit the crafty veterans, even a tiny bit? If they have their location on and the offspeed stuff working, the Marlins look like a bunch of bushers.
- Tosca's managerial moves tonight, especially how he handled the pitchers, was a joke. Mitre was left out too long and he was much too slow to pull Pinto when it was clear he just didn't have it tonight.

canada-marlin24

Muckdog
Reaction score
and wasnt it spike last year who said mitre was garbage just like hes said about olivo and i was always defending him

Cabrerafan

Muckdog
Reaction score

-Mitre has firmly established himself in the Marlins rotation. I was doubtful he would stick, but he has erased all remaining doubts in my mind after tonight.
- When will the Marlins learn how to hit the crafty veterans, even a tiny bit? If they have their location on and the offspeed stuff working, the Marlins look like a bunch of bushers.
- Tosca's managerial moves tonight, especially how he handled the pitchers, was a joke. Mitre was left out too long and he was much too slow to pull Pinto when it was clear he just didn't have it tonight.

Was Mitre's pitch-count high? I don't remember him getting into any significant trouble in the later innings.

PBCMarlinsFan

Muckdog
Reaction score

Was Mitre's pitch-count high? I don't remember him getting into any significant trouble in the later innings.

Mitre went into the 8th with 100+ pitches. First batter up, Easley, worked him over in a long at bat and got a hit. At that point, I think he should have been pulled. He looked tired. But he kept him in. Thankfully Mitre made a great play on a bunt by Newhan and got Chavez to ground into a force. Mitre left after 120+ pitches.

BroncoBob27

Muckdog
Reaction score

I thought Mitre looked a little tired in the 8th. But he really gutted it out and did a fine job for 2/3s of the inning. Pulling him for Lindy was nice. So I disagree with you on that point. But I agree with the Pinto thought. It was obvious from the first batter Pinto didn't have his stuff last night. I was surprised in that close of a game he was allowed to stay in.

Hotcorner

Muckdog
Reaction score
I think Holly or Ramp brought it up in the game threads and in Pinto's case it usually holds true: With Renyel you can usually tell by the first batter (or even the first few pitches sometimes) whether he's got his good stuff & command that night or not.

If he has it, fantastic. But if not, best to give him the quick hook.

BroncoBob27

Muckdog
Reaction score

Mitre went into the 8th with 100+ pitches. First batter up, Easley, worked him over in a long at bat and got a hit. At that point, I think he should have been pulled. He looked tired. But he kept him in. Thankfully Mitre made a great play on a bunt by Newhan and got Chavez to ground into a force. Mitre left after 120+ pitches.

I believe it was a career high 118 pitches.

I think Holly or Ramp brought it up in the game threads and in Pinto's case it usually holds true: With Renyel you can usually tell by the first batter (or even the first few pitches sometimes) whether he's got his good stuff & command that night or not.

If he has it, fantastic. But if not, best to give him the quick hook.

I totally agree. Not neccesarily after one batter, but a quick hook when it is apparent it just isn't his night. He just isn't the type that pitches his way out of things when he dosen't have his best stuff. It's like it's all or nothing with him right now.

Top Bottom