What's new

Top 50 Marlins prospects

MarlinsLou

Hammerhead
Reaction score
So I didn't see anyone post this. This was a mention in one of Sickels organizational reports not to far back, with a link to other resources. I finally got around to looking at it, and it's pretty awesome. It's these kind of moments where I know there is hope for baseball down here where someone legitimately cares. I would cut and paste it into the board, but it's literally to long so you'll have to follow the links. It's 50 prospects deep.

http://floridamarlinsminors.blogspot.com or if you only care about certain dudes

50. Pete Andrelczyk
49. Johnny Dorn
48. Ryan Anetsberger
47. Jose Ceballos
46. Dan Jennings
45. Tim Wood
44. Brett Hayes
43. Alejandro Sanabia
42. Tom Koehler
41. Curtis Petersen
40. Torre Langley
39. Steven Cishek
38. Paul Gran
37. Jai Miller
36. Jeff Allison
35. Edgar Olmos
34. Garrett Parcell
33. Todd Doolittle
32. Jesus Delgado
31. Greg Burns
30. Blake Brewer
29. Dallas Trahern
28. Kyle Kaminska
27. Chris Mobley
26. Thomas Hickman
25. Jacob Marceaux
24. Chris Leroux
23. Hector Correa
22. Graham Taylor
21. P.J. Dean
20. Kyle Winters
19. Brett Sinkbeil
18. John Raynor
17. Bryan Petersen
16. Isaac Galloway
15. Eulogio de la Cruz
14. Jake Smolinski
13. Brad Hand
12. Scott Cousins
11. Aaron Thompson
10. Jose Ceda
9. Ryan Tucker
8. Kyle Skipworth
7. Chris Coghlan
6. Gaby Sanchez
5. Sean West
4. Matt Dominguez
3. Michael Stanton
2. Logan Morrison
1. Cameron Maybin

Thanks to blogspot for making the URLs really easy to mass generate!

NOmarlinsfan

Muckdog
Reaction score
yeah, I can't wait to see who comes through here (N.O.). It'll be funny to see some guys one night in person, then see them another through mlb.tv. :arms

Hotcorner

Muckdog
Reaction score
Not sure how I missed that, thx for the link Lou.

I do hope Smolinski can amount to something and make that deal look a little better...

Man, the starting lineup in Jax this season is going to be fun to watch. :)

Ralph

Muckdog
Reaction score
So I didn't see anyone post this. This was a mention in one of Sickels organizational reports not to far back, with a link to other resources. I finally got around to looking at it, and it's pretty awesome. It's these kind of moments where I know there is hope for baseball down here where someone legitimately cares. I would cut and paste it into the board, but it's literally to long so you'll have to follow the links. It's 50 prospects deep.
The writer is a pain in the ass though. I'd pull his hair if I ever saw him.

Ralph

Muckdog
Reaction score

I do hope Smolinski can amount to something and make that deal look a little better...

P.J. is pretty cool as well. Even though I didn't like that trade then I've started warming to the guys that came back this way.

MarlinsLou

Hammerhead
Reaction score

I think I'm more excited for the NOLA lineup, as Raynor, Coghlan, some of Bonifacio, Gibbons, and Gaby, Carroll and Jai Miller (still have a little hope), will be down there. That's pretty nice. Jax does have Logan, Cousins, and Petersen who I like, but not much else. Who are you referring to? Greg Burns? meh. In fact, and not to belabor it and killshot you ha, I'm probably least excited about Jax. Because I really want to see how Dominguez, Stanton, Hickman (love the walks and power) respond getting out of the hitters environment, and how Skip, Galloway, and Smolinksi deal with the lower rungs.

But the pitching is going to be crazy

NOLA - Tucker, Vanden Hurk, Trahern, Badenhop, Thompson/Sinkbiel (Calero, Marceaux, Mobley, Doolittle)
Jax - West, Thompson/Sinkbiel, G. Taylor, Winters, Allison (Ceda, Leroux, Wood)
Jup- Kaminska, Sanabia, Durand, Alexander (Parcel)
GBO - Dean, Correa, Koehler, Jennings, Dorn
Jam - Hand, Brewer, Olmos, Petersen, Crawford

I mean, every level is ridiculous with legitimate options. I wonder if they put both Thompson and Sinkbiel in NOLA though, put Tucker into the bullpen, and then just find another Glen to round out Jacksonville. The Jax rotation is phenomenal either way. I'm interested in seeing if Graham's junk is able to hold up in higher levels, and maybe Allison can get back to his potential in a second year back. I'm excited to see Kaminska get in a pitchers park and show off his stuff now that he is presumably healthy, maybe Sanabia too. And obviously Dean, Correa, Hand, Brewer, and Olmos have some upside and we'll see if they hold up as starters or if pen moves look like better ideas. This is a big year for the arms to catch up to the bats. I'm hopeful 5-6 of them take a big step forward and look like long term compliments to our emerging SP staff.

sdonke

Muckdog
Reaction score
its intresting to see what will happen with the out field situation. im sure we all know that staton will replace Ross in rf whenever that happens but what will happen with hermida if he doesnt hit?

Wild Card

Muckdog
Reaction score
I'm right there with you on Allison, Lou. I wonder if he can get his stamina back, and keep his performance more consistent through the year. Last year, he dominated the beginning of the season, and faded badly. I'm sure he's in better shape, and hopefully stronger. It'd be great if he could get that velocity back.

Nny

Muckdog
Reaction score
He was lucky with BABIP in the beginning of the year. He never truly dominated.

Wild Card

Muckdog
Reaction score

Wasn't his ERA around 2.00 for quite a while?

MarlinsLou

Hammerhead
Reaction score
its intresting to see what will happen with the out field situation. im sure we all know that staton will replace Ross in rf whenever that happens but what will happen with hermida if he doesnt hit?
Well the Marlins can do this next year.

C - Baker (Backup)
1B - Morrison (G. Sanchez, Helms)
2B - Coghlan (Bonifacio, X)
SS - Hanley (Bonifacio, X)
3B - Dallas/Someone New (Helms, Bonifacio)
LF - Raynor (Morrison, Bonifacio)
CF - Maybin (Cousins, Bonifacio)
RF - Cousins (Raynor, Bonifacio)
B - Helms, Bonifacio, G. Sanchez, Backup C, and another middle infielder

(G. Sanchez/Raynor/Cousins is a platoon for 2 spots, as Morrison plays everyday)

We can legitimately get rid of Uggla, Cantu, Hermida, Ross, and Amezaga, and have sufficient depth at every slot. Plus we'd have Petersen in AAA as another outfielder, gains from trading those 5, and Dominguez and Stanton in AA.

Of course it would be nice to keep Hermida or Ross another year (if finances allow it) so we aren't basically playing five 1st and 2nd year players in the outfield, but we have some depth right now for it to work itself out. I don't see Stanton an option until earliest, June 2011.

Rambo McDonald

Muckdog
Reaction score

Yea, he had an outstanding April (1.88era, .184baa) but then fell off the map

Nny

Muckdog
Reaction score

with a .217 BABIP, and 20/13 K/BB in 29.2 inn.

Hotcorner

Muckdog
Reaction score

I think I'm more excited for the NOLA lineup, as Raynor, Coghlan, some of Bonifacio, Gibbons, and Gaby, Carroll and Jai Miller (still have a little hope), will be down there. That's pretty nice. Jax does have Logan, Cousins, and Petersen who I like, but not much else. Who are you referring to? Greg Burns? meh. In fact, and not to belabor it and killshot you ha, I'm probably least excited about Jax. Because I really want to see how Dominguez, Stanton, Hickman (love the walks and power) respond getting out of the hitters environment, and how Skip, Galloway, and Smolinksi deal with the lower rungs.

Well I'm mostly singling out Jacksonville since I live up here and will get the chance to watch them in person often.

And I meant to include the rotation, so yeah basically Logan, Ceda, Cousins, West, Thompson, Sinkbeil, Graham, Allison, and for some reason I was mistakenly thinking Coghlan would be there...

dom2613

Muckdog
Reaction score
Man I remeber when we drafted Allison, I was so excited. He came into the minors and did well then the drug problems surfaced. I wonder if he will ever regain the velo he once had.

The_Godfather

Muckdog
Reaction score
The best list yet. What I really like is how strong we are from 30-50; almost any of those guys with a good season could make a jump to next year's top 10 list. Lots of sleepers and lots of hard throwing bullpen guys, you gotta like that...

Top Bottom