What's new

Torborg needs to be fired quick

SlapHands69

Muckdog
Reaction score
We can't keep losing games because of our Manager it's just not right :banghead . It's obvious Torborg does not know who to put in the game with a lead and it has cost us a lot of games this season :banghead . He put the same 2 guys that blew the game a couple days ago and they blew the game today. I think it's time for a change before it's too late and we are out off of the playoff hunt. I don't know who said that former Catchers make the best Managers because Torborg kills that theory, he has not won anywhere so why will that change here with the fish. The Marlins have been thinking about pulling Torborg and now with this loss this up coming week could be Torborgs last with the fish. Arnsberg could be gone too as the Marlins were about to reassign him very soon before the Mets series. Soon the only question will be as who should be replacing Torborg. :hat

Foggy Doggy

Muckdog
Reaction score
Someone mentioned Davey Johnson in another thread.

I still think it will take more to get Torborg fired. They will have to dip to 15+ below .500 to make management make a move, if they do at all. The team may have too much talent despite the bad management moves, to get that far below .500.

SlapHands69

Muckdog
Reaction score
I was the one that mentioned Davey as I believe he is one of the better guys out there. I think if we have a bad week coming up against such teams as the Brewers that might be enough for Torborg as he was already playing with fire. Arnsberg might be out the door soon too, the only coach that might be safe is the hitting coach Robinson.

CHRISTYTOD

We can only pray to be rid of Torborg - personally I don't see it happening though.

SlapHands69

Muckdog
Reaction score
It's not that impossible as all you think it has been considered before the season starts that if Torborg had a slow start with this talent that he would be fired.

RossInfoMan

Muckdog
Reaction score
I wonder if Freddi Gonzalez would be considered. He knows a lot of the young guys on the team and has been making his way up the coaching ranks. He was manager of the Braves AAA team last year and is their third-base coach this year. Of course, the Braves would have to agree to let him go, and that may not happen.

MarlinsFans46

Muckdog
Reaction score
I wonder if Freddi Gonzalez would be considered.

Exactly what I was thinking too. I would think that the Braves would not agree to let him go, especially in mid-season. I thought he did a good job when Boles was off for a couple games a while ago.

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
SUGGESTION:

make Ozzie Guillen new manager..... and let Hollandspathetic coach 3rd

DurableTear

Muckdog
Reaction score
and let Hollandspathetic coach 3rd
He'd miss all of the signs :lol

Hotcorner

Muckdog
Reaction score
Ross, I've had that name stuck in my head for a while too.....Freddi Gonzalez would be interesting. Don't know if he's got enough experience yet though, or is the type the team might need to "light a fire" or whatever...

I don't even know if they need a strict manager, just someone who doesn't put them in situations to lose.

Tomy23

Muckdog
Reaction score
Someone mentioned Davey Johnson in another thread.

I couldn't agree more, he's the man the fish need to get. The Marlins are a very solid baseball team, they shouldn't be losing games just because of their manager. :banghead

Latest posts

Top Bottom