What's new

Trade Benitez for a CF

Retro_Marlins25

Muckdog
Reaction score
Since Gregg is doing an excellent job as closer, we have no use for another closer.Nows our chance to trade off Benitez a good closer for a quality Center Fielder.

LordMagnus

Muckdog
Reaction score
Our middle relief is horrible. If Benitez isn't the second coming of Julio, then Gregg can be the set up man.

MarlinFan10

Muckdog
Reaction score
:laughpurple :laughpurple :laughpurple :laughpurple :laughpurple :laughpurple :laughpurple

Mauer7

Muckdog
Reaction score
no.

1)we wouldn't get much.
2)we could use benitez.
3)this move strengthens our bullpen.
4)if we did get a CF for him, the guy wouldn't be any better than Borchard..then we'd have to get rid of the guy when De Aza comes back

louiecastillo1

Muckdog
Reaction score
Our middle relief is horrible. If Benitez isn't the second coming of Julio, then Gregg can be the set up man.

I wouldn't call our relievers "horrible" but this certainly strengthens our bullpen.

rxpro

Muckdog
Reaction score
I would call them semi horrible or inconsistent ......the move makes the bullpen from a 6 to a 7...maybe

thats it, not a great move,

Jonny Ramos

Muckdog
Reaction score
I think De Aza is overrated and not better than c.ross or for that matter amez/aber. I mean.. isn't he like 4 feet and 100lb? (jk)

Can some1 please tell me im wrong here, way off base?

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
I think De Aza is overrated and not better than c.ross or for that matter amez/aber. I mean.. isn't he like 4 feet and 100lb? (jk)

Can some1 please tell me im wrong here, way off base?
He's certainly way overrated on this board, sure

Marlins2003

Muckdog
Reaction score
Actually, by liberating Benitez from his $6-7 mil contract and only minimum wage, his value has increased dramatically.

I'm not saying trade him at the first opportunity because this does have that Urbina "feel" to it (may be an illusion) but ten more saves by the ASG and he's on every GM's hitlist.

Top Bottom