What's new

Transplanted fan.

The_Punisher

Muckdog
Reaction score
OK, I just recently moved to Charlotte North Carolina and was wondering if there is anyway I can still watch my Florida Marlins on TV? Can I watch it via mlb.com? Or would it be blacked out? I have Time Warner cable service, please help me!!

Real_Teal

Muckdog
Reaction score
OK, I just recently moved to Charlotte North Carolina and was wondering if there is anyway I can still watch my Florida Marlins on TV? Can I watch it via mlb.com? Or would it be blacked out? I have Time Warner cable service, please help me!!

Since you do not have a Florida zipcode from your IP address you should be able to watch Marlins games from MLB.com. Personally though I would see what type of service TWC offers for MLB Extra Innings. Originally it was to be a DirecTV exclusive; however, congress used pressure for MLB to open it up to cable as well. If TWC does not offer, then look into DirecTV or Dish Network if either are an option for you. I love DirecTV and could not live without Extra Innings. This year I upgraded to Super Fan for more HD games and a channel that shows eight games at one time.

TSwift25

Muckdog
Reaction score
It's a lot better on TV than mlb.tv.

MLB.tv really only makes sense if you're going to be moving around a lot for business and bringing the lap-top with you. At the end of the year, I think you end up saving something in the area of $50 if you use mlb.tv over extra innings, and the quality alone is worth the price hike.

The_Punisher

Muckdog
Reaction score
I thank you guys for the input. I will call my network, since I live in a community though they'll only allow Time Warner, but am calling them right now, this situation has been driving me insane I can't live without watching my Marlin games.

Real_Teal

Muckdog
Reaction score
I thank you guys for the input. I will call my network, since I live in a community though they'll only allow Time Warner, but am calling them right now, this situation has been driving me insane I can't live without watching my Marlin games.

If you end up going the MLB.com route, then consider one of these if you have a HDTV. You'll be able to watch the game on a decent screen.

http://www.apple.com/appletv/

The_Punisher

Muckdog
Reaction score
Do you guys know the price for mlb.tv? Time warner is around 300...I want to compare.

TSwift25

Muckdog
Reaction score
Do you guys know the price for mlb.tv? Time warner is around 300...I want to compare.

$300 is a lot! DirecTV is $149-169 depending on what other packages you get from them. Add anoth $30 or so for the Super Fan upgrade which is optional. Below is the link for MLB.com's options.

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/subscriptions/index...x250_openday_rg

Same price for cable, I think he was misquoted or misunderstood.

CapeFish

Muckdog
Reaction score

First thing I need is your zip code to confirm all the details,

Teams That Claim Charlotte, North Carolina
Cincinnati Reds SportSouth & FSN South
Atlanta Braves TBS, SportSouth, & FSN South
Washington Nationals MASN/MASN2
Baltimore Orioles MASN/MASN2

Time Warner Charlotte TV Lineup
FSN South: Channel 40
SportSouth: Channel 60
TBS: Channel 24
MASN/MASN2: Has not come to an agreement with TWC

So if the Marlins are playing any of the teams above, their games will be blacked out on MLB.tv & MLB Extra Innings via Time Warner Digital Cable. You have to watch the game on the appropriate channel.

If the Marlins are not playing any of the teams above, MLB Extra Innings and MLB.tv will allow you to watch the game.

The big issue for you will be games against the Nationals which are all on MASN. Since Time Warner Cable has no agreement with MASN you don't get the channel with the games and MLB.tv/MLBEI will still have to black out the games.

http://www.timewarnercable.com/charlotte/p...mlbdivpage.html is the Time Warner Digital Cable website for MLBEI.

CapeFish

Muckdog
Reaction score
it's 28212, thanks cape.
OK, the info I posted above is correct then.

MikeLowell

Muckdog
Reaction score
Charlotte, huh? I might be moving to Mint Hill or the University City area of Charlotte.

The Charlotte Sports Center = :notworthy

MikeLowell

Muckdog
Reaction score
Probably permanently. My family and I are looking to move once my moms divorce is final and we really can't afford any of the houses out here - even in the ghettos. My mom has been researching different parts of North Carolina and figured we could get an affordable house in or around Charlotte.

I'm just gonna be happy to go to NFL/NBA games again.

The_Punisher

Muckdog
Reaction score
Probably permanently. My family and I are looking to move once my moms divorce is final and we really can't afford any of the houses out here - even in the ghettos. My mom has been researching different parts of North Carolina and figured we could get an affordable house in or around Charlotte.

I'm just gonna be happy to go to NFL/NBA games again.

You might want her to look in the 28269 area for great housing and prices.

THANK YOU CAPE.

MikeLowell

Muckdog
Reaction score
Sweet, I just checked it out. Very nice area. I'll definitely tell her about it.

Thanks.

MikeLowell25

Muckdog
Reaction score
Hey Cape .. since your here and stuff.
Does Comcast really have areas where Extra Innings isn't available? We had it last year, and this year (we still haven't had free preview) its showing up on the Guide thing .. and its on my bill saying Hey Call us to order Extra Innings, but the three times I called a few days ago, they said (a) Get DirecTV (b) not available in your area .... Comcast sucks, stay far away!

oh and Zo, I guess we won't be seeing you run crazy around for autographs this season huh? lol

Passion

Muckdog
Reaction score
Yeah, if you can go the television route do it. Despite the extra cash.

I have DirecTV at my apartment, but Im not paying for Extra Innings because I am going to be out of here in a month and I have no clue/more than likely will not have the dish when I move.

That said, MLB.tv sucks and even though that is what I am using right now I absolutely hate watching things on the computer and having to sit confined more or less to a certain area to watch the games.

CapeFish

Muckdog
Reaction score
Hey Cape .. since your here and stuff.
Does Comcast really have areas where Extra Innings isn't available? We had it last year, and this year (we still haven't had free preview) its showing up on the Guide thing .. and its on my bill saying Hey Call us to order Extra Innings, but the three times I called a few days ago, they said (a) Get DirecTV (b) not available in your area .... Comcast sucks, stay far away!

oh and Zo, I guess we won't be seeing you run crazy around for autographs this season huh? lol
Comcast should have it on. I have had it in Tallahassee since around April 6th.

I would try watching one of the channels (the guide doesn't always display if a game is on or not because of all the MLB delays and NHL playoff madness).

Also, try calling 1-800-COMCAST and going through the motions again.

The schedule is at http://www.getbaseball.com/

But all the Comcast systems should have it by now.

Top Bottom