• Brad McCann: 1/1
  • Dante Brinkley: 0/3 rbi bb
  • Brett Hayes: 3/4 2r 2doubles
  • Jai Miller: 0/4 2k.... hitting .216 now...holy crap
  • Daniel Barone: (L, 1-3) 3.2ip 9h 8r(6er) 1bb 2k hr
  • Manuel Olivera: 2.1ip 2h 0r bb k
  • Scott Tyler: 1.2ip 0h 3r(3er) 5bb k.... wild thing
  • Kurt Koehler: 1.1ip 1h 1r(1er) 3bb 0k
Chris Volstad suffers his 5th loss as the Hammerheads commit 6 errors in 6-3 loss to Tampa
  • Gaby Sanchez: 1/4 3b rbi
  • Andy Jenkins: 2/4 r rbi
  • Kris Harvey: 0/4 k
  • Torre Langley: 0/1
  • Trent D'Antonio: 0/2
  • Chris Volstad: (L, 3-5) 6ip 8h 6r(1er) 2bb 5k
  • Henry Owens: 1 perfect inning, 1k
  • Chris Mobley: 2 perfect innings
Michael Hyle dominates for 8 innings in Greensboro's 4-3 win over Asheville
  • John Raynor: 1/5 2b rbi 3k
  • Daniel Garcia: 3/3 2b 3b bb
  • Jacob Blackwood: 0/5
  • Scott Cousins: 1/3 r bb po
  • Chris Hatcher: 1/4 r rbi k
  • Greg Burns: 2/4 2b sb(11)
  • Michael Hyle: (W, 2-1) 8ip 5h 1r(1er) bb 10k hr
  • Brad Stone: (S,1) 1ip 2h 0r 0bb k

Doakle

Muckdog
Reaction score
Logan Morrison hit home run number 7 tonight for greensboro as well.

The lefty first baseman was a draft and follow we managed to get signed just in time before the 06 draft, he spent that year at the same community college Albert Pujols attended (not that i'm suggesting he that means anything, just a note of trivia). Greensboro 3B Jacob Blackwood was on the same squad as Morrison too.

Morrison is still 19 years old, and is now hitting .287/.370/.483. If he can keep improving he has the ability to play his way into serious consideration as a prospect. He'll have Gaby Sanchez ahead of him in the system, but he is 4 years younger and will have time to work his way through the horror that is hitting in Jupiter.

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
I don't think Gaby is stopping anyone at this point

Marlins1

Muckdog
Reaction score
Ramp you continue show that you know nothing about baseball or the marlins .all you do is have your favorite and every body else will never make it, get a life and go do something else . I think your a terrible marlin fan and you are bad for Marlinsbaseball since all you do is write rubish

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
I actually like(d) your boy Gaby. Then he decided to forget how to hit in A ball.

Marlins1

Muckdog
Reaction score
by the way Harvey struck out 1 time but hit the ball hard 3 times

Marlins1

Muckdog
Reaction score
you need to read more or ask your insiders, he has not forgotten to hit the ball ,he's hit the ball hard all season but you are the one that also wanted Hermida to be traded & look at him now. I think the marlins still like him when he plays everyday and hits 3rd every game. Check away stats .320/382/443 ops 825 the problem is Jupiter 30 miles winds coming in from center

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
you need to read more or ask your insiders, he has not forgotten to hit the ball ,he's it the hard all season but your the one that also wanted Hermida to be traded & look at me now. I think the marlins still like him when he plays everyday and hits 3rd every game
I wanted Hermida to be traded?

you must have me confused with someone else

and as for Gaby, I'm not the only one who is wondering what the hell happened to him

Ramp wanted Hermida to be traded? When was this?

Anyhow, I have often wondered to myself if Morrison was turning himself into a prospect. IMO, he is as of now. But he hasnt hit Jupiter yet, so that could all change rather quickly.

BTW, on a sidebar, it seems as if Volstad was let down more by his defense than anything. Is it possible Aaron Thompson will pass him on the prospect depth chart?

Marlins1

Muckdog
Reaction score
no I was at the game 3 of 6 error were not 1 by septimo 1 by sanchez 1 by fulton and the 1 sanchez made was also ? high bounce in the sun .Volstad is missing .he'll come back better than ever. because his a great player ,same for Harvey & Gaby

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
Kris Harvey needs to go back to pitching

Marlins1

Muckdog
Reaction score
he can do that or keep playing right field the marlins will make that call .by the way ramp when was the last time you saw jupiter play

spike whose bat

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
he can do that or keep playing right field the marlins will make that call .by the way ramp when was the last time you saw jupiter play
beginning of the month vs the Dodgers

Marlins1

Muckdog
Reaction score
ramp you know better than that ,they never played the dodger you meant vero beach devil rays .Again all talk and you have not seen them play

Flamarlins3

Muckdog
Reaction score
Hayes is having a hell of a year...somehow I completely missed him getting promoted to AA a few weeks back

And as for Gaby...it may be Jupiter, it may not. Bottom line he isn't hitting the ball well this year. But none of that really matters until he learns to at least be a below average fielder. He's awful out there...(granted I haven't seen him this year)...and for the record he had 2 errors in last night's game according to minorleaguebaseball.com

Andy Jenkins is still my hero. Man is killing the ball in May: .385

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
ramp you know better than that ,they never played the dodger you meant vero beach devil rays .Again all talk and you have not seen them play
sorry, I'm a total moron as the Dodgers used to run the show in Vero

anyway, not sure why you care what I think, considering every player is a gift from god in your eyes

Gaby Sanchez stinks right now, plain and simple. I don't judge a player on seeing them once. It's not fair to them or to me. It just so happens that Gaby and Kris Harvey had rough nights vs Jacob McGee that night.

Gaby's numbers in the FSL
.244/.323/.348 1 homerun

he can't hit lefties, he can't hit righties

he can't hit in April, he can't hit in May

he can't hit with the bases empty, he can't hit with runners on, he can't hit with them in scoring position

Marlins1

Muckdog
Reaction score
I`ll give you # ,#3 Hitter leads team AB 164 in Hits 40 in 2B 12 in TB 57 2nd in R 24 2nd in RBI 16 & I already gave you # away from home but you look at what you want to see because his not your boy . and if you check game by game 60% of outs have been hard hit balls, if I were the marlins that's what counts.but we are only 1/3 of the season allot of at bats to go

Top Bottom