What's new

Twins

Phlub

Muckdog
Reaction score
Well it took us longer, but my Twins are back where we belong, and where we are gonna stay. First place! :cool

And well going 2-1 in Oakland gives Oakland its first home series lost since August, not including the Playoffs when my Twins again beat the Oakland A's when the A's had homefield.

Just wanted to let you all know, the Twins are here to stay! :cool

Wild Card

Muckdog
Reaction score
Maybe as a team, but the players aren't unless the owner can cough up another $10 Mill after this year...lol :p

Phlub

Muckdog
Reaction score
With the Yanks slumping that opens the Twins right in to win the whole thing.

World Series and all. Not a team in the NL can beat us. Maybe Frisco could, but it would be interesting.

And yes our players are gonna be Free Agents this year...

Doug Mienkietwicz (however its spelt) is an All Star type 1B.

Cory Koskie is an All Star type 3B.

Jacque Jones is going to be one of the 20 best players in baseball this year or next year. Torri Hunter already is one of the 10 best.

Anyways though we re-signed Hunter at least. But then we must worry about Jones, Doug, and Koskie. We have to get Jacque Jones back at the least. But if we get Jones and Doug back then I'm good with that. Koskie is an awesome player dont get me wrong, but he swings at some of the worse pitches sometimes. But I would still like Koskie back seeing as he hits .300 every year!

DurableTear

Muckdog
Reaction score
man.. Royals are still to young.. but this year is a sign for things to come... contention next year? :mischief2

cgator

Muckdog
Reaction score
Guess that all depends on just how many of them are still there next year. I'd love to see the Royals keep a great running going throughout the season. If the Twins and Royals put on the best race for the season, it would really turn baseball upside down (and have Selig bouncing off padded walls in an all white room somewhere.)

later.......

Phlub

Muckdog
Reaction score
Well Selig shouldn't be surprised. The Twins are going for their 3rd 90+ win season in a row.

The last 2 seasons they have one 90+ games. And made the playoffs once. And went to the ALCS. So I don't think the Twins are really a surprise team.

Expos Ranchod

Muckdog
Reaction score
I like Hunter but one of the 10 best players in the league? I doubt it

what are you guys gonna do with all those OF/1B/DH bats....Mohr, Kielty, LeCroy, Sears, Cuddyer, Morneau, Restovich...sheesh can you guys share the wealth a little :lol :D

are you Koskie and MientK are FA's after this year? looking at their career stats it appears they don't have enough service time.

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Dasshole
Reaction score
I see the Royals this year to be similar to the Twins of a few years ago when they were younger and raw.

Next year, expect to see the Royals contend for a playoff berth.

Most of the team is young and cheap.

Beltran will be the crucial decision, do they decide to make him a part of their core....or do they trade him away to strengthen their team in areas they could use additional help?

I fully expect to see Ibanez resigned by the Royals.

Phlub

Muckdog
Reaction score
Nope. The wealth is all for us!

We have Restovich, Morneau who are legitimate power hitters in our Minor League system.

We have a 20+ win Minor League Pitcher named Adam Johnson in one of our Minor League teams also.

And Hunter is the best CF in Baseball easily. Powerful Hitter, Best Fielding Outfielder in the game today. Easily one of the 10 best.

Yep Doug and Koskie are both Free Agents.

Sears is going to be excellent.

LeCroy is going to be an All Star in a few years according to Peter Gammons.

Cuddyer is awesome also.

Kielty just beats the living sh*t out of the balls. Great hitter great outfielder.

Morneau and Restovich will be called up later this year or next year.

Morneau is 1B I believe and Restovich is RF (which we are loaded at with Mohr and Kielty alongside Restovich).

With Doug, Todd Sears, and Morneau we will do awesome at 1B whether or not we lose 1B.

And so with our .300+ hitters we have on our MLB roster...

Torii Hunter (CF)
Doug (1B)
Jacque Jones (LF)
A.J. Pierzynski ©
Cory Koskie (3B)
Michael Cuddyer (DH/OF)
Bobby Kielty (RF)
Dustan Mohr (RF)
Todd Sears (1B)
Matt LeCroy (OF/DH)

And with our .400+ power hitters in our Minor League System...

Michael Restovich (RF)
Ryan Morneau (1B) -Ryan may not be his 1st name but I'm sure it is-

And our starting pitching...

Brad Radke
Joe Mays
Eric Milton
Rick Reed
Kyle Lohse
Kenny Rogers
J.C. Romero

And our Relievers and Closers...

LaTroy Hawkins
Eddie Guardado
Johan Santana
Tony Fiore

And our 20+ Win Minor League Pitcher....

Adam Johnson

The Twins are in awesome shape for at least the next 10 years. And are 21-6 in May this year. We are the hottest team in Baseball and nobody knows it! We will win a World Series in 2-3 years! If not this year.

Expos Ranchod

Muckdog
Reaction score
Nope. The wealth is all for us!

We have Restovich, Morneau who are legitimate power hitters in our Minor League system.

We have a 20+ win Minor League Pitcher named Adam Johnson in one of our Minor League teams also.

And Hunter is the best CF in Baseball easily. Powerful Hitter, Best Fielding Outfielder in the game today. Easily one of the 10 best.

Yep Doug and Koskie are both Free Agents.

Sears is going to be excellent.

LeCroy is going to be an All Star in a few years according to Peter Gammons.

Cuddyer is awesome also.

Kielty just beats the living sh*t out of the balls. Great hitter great outfielder.

Morneau and Restovich will be called up later this year or next year.

Morneau is 1B I believe and Restovich is RF (which we are loaded at with Mohr and Kielty alongside Restovich).

With Doug, Todd Sears, and Morneau we will do awesome at 1B whether or not we lose 1B.

And so with our .300+ hitters we have on our MLB roster...

Torii Hunter (CF)
Doug (1B)
Jacque Jones (LF)
A.J. Pierzynski ?
Cory Koskie (3B)
Michael Cuddyer (DH/OF)
Bobby Kielty (RF)
Dustan Mohr (RF)
Todd Sears (1B)
Matt LeCroy (OF/DH)

And with our .400+ power hitters in our Minor League System...

Michael Restovich (RF)
Ryan Morneau (1B) -Ryan may not be his 1st name but I'm sure it is-

And our starting pitching...

Brad Radke
Joe Mays
Eric Milton
Rick Reed
Kyle Lohse
Kenny Rogers
J.C. Romero

And our Relievers and Closers...

LaTroy Hawkins
Eddie Guardado
Johan Santana
Tony Fiore

And our 20+ Win Minor League Pitcher....

Adam Johnson

The Twins are in awesome shape for at least the next 10 years. And are 21-6 in May this year. We are the hottest team in Baseball and nobody knows it! We will win a World Series in 2-3 years! If not this year.
are you sure about Koskie and Mient?

by my calculations Koskie is not a FA because he spent most of 1998 in the minors. It would give him only 5 years and a half in the bigs after this year.

Same thing for Mient...He spent parts of 1998 and it looks like 2000 in the minors...

It's Justin Morneau not Ryan ;)

as for Hunter...well I'd take:

1: Arod
2: Bonds
3: Pujols
4: Andruw Jones
5: Vlad Guerrero
6: Sosa
7: Kearns
8: Sheffield
9: Green
10: Tejada

and a few others ahead of Hunter but that is just me

Phlub

Muckdog
Reaction score
My Top 7...

1. Bonds
2. Arod
3. Jeter
4. Vlad Guerrero
5. Sosa
6. Tejada
7. Hunter

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
sorry to get off topic but Hollywood Jones is the best CF, even though I hate him

here are the players better than Torii, imo

ARod, Nomar, Giambi, Palmeiro, Guerrero, Sheffield, Chipper, Hollywood, Ramirez, Delgado, Beltranm Sweeney, Magglio Ordonez, Garett Anderson, Thome, Burrell, Sosa, Pujols, Edmonds, Rolen, Bagwell, Kent, Berkman, Dunn, Kearns, Griffey, Giles, Sexson, Bonds, Green, McGriff, Walker, Preston Wilson, Helton, Klesko, Luis Gonzalez

Just to name a few :p
and also, Torii has never had more than 29hr and 94rbi in a season or hit better than .289

DurableTear

Muckdog
Reaction score
ARod, Nomar, Giambi, Palmeiro, Guerrero, Sheffield, Chipper, Hollywood, Ramirez, Delgado, Beltranm Sweeney, Magglio Ordonez, Garett Anderson, Thome, Burrell, Sosa, Pujols, Edmonds, Rolen, Bagwell, Kent, Berkman, Dunn, Kearns, Griffey, Giles, Sexson, Bonds, Green, McGriff, Walker, Preston Wilson, Helton, Klesko, Luis Gonzalez
Juan Gonzalez, Bret Boone, Edgar Martinez (hitting wise), Alfonso Soriano, Raul Mondesi....

Phlub

Muckdog
Reaction score
Hollywood Jones? You mean Andruw?

If it is, or whoever it is, Hunter is the best defensive CF in the game. Bar none. His snag on Bonds was just more proof of it. He has robbed more HR's from hitters in the past 2 1/3 years then any other CF in Baseball. He swings a bat better then most people. Regardless of last years stats. Jacque Jones is the Twins big time hitter anyways.

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
sorry.

I hate Andruw "Hollywood" Jones more than anyone, but the fact is that he is the greatest defensive CF in the game, and possibly of all time.....

Phlub

Muckdog
Reaction score
Okay Ramp that is so full of crap it doesnt even stink! (dont interpret that as good)

Hunter is hands down the best CF.

Even the guys you worship...

Peter Gammons
Tim Kurkjkan
Tony Gwynn
Harold Reynolds

All say it

And then explain this...

Bobby Cox was asked after last year if he could have any CF who would it be, he said "Torii Hunter in a mili second. Not even close." That was on Sportscenter also.

Hunter is so much better it isn't even funny. Especially when it comes to defense. Man you gotta watch the Twins highlights instead of the NL highlights. Cuz Hunter makes at least 2 amazing plays on defense each night. AT LEAST 2... :rolleyes:

Ken Griffey JR. has said himself also that Hunter is the best Defensive CF, Mike Cameron also. Barry Bonds says the same thing. So dont even try saying Andruw Jones is even comparable to Hunter on a Defensive Scale.

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Dasshole
Reaction score
you dont see andrew making the highlights cause of his read on the ball...his first step is lethal.

look at andrew's numbers and then compare.

andrew is the best defensive center fielder in the game.

hunter is second best.

its just that andrew doesnt make the highlight catches cause he has that great first step on teh ball...he doesnt need to.

Phlub

Muckdog
Reaction score
I'm sorry and I dont mean this in a mean way...

But how dumb are you guys for thinking Jones is better then Hunter? Hunters 1st step is just as good, but the people are always hitting the Home Run ball and Torii has to take the Homers away from them. Something I never seen Jones doing.

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
dont tell me I dont watch your Hunter boy...... I watch all the highlights of both players....

THIS IS COMING FROM AN ANTI BRAVES, ANTI ANDRUW JONES PERSON:

HE IS THE BEST CF IN THE GAME TODAY......and he has a gun for an arm, and all the Baseball tonight guys think AJ is the best..... are you kidding me?

come on now dude, it's just that you are a Twins fan so you cant tell who is really better

Top Bottom